What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Spa Leak - Under Filter Area  (Read 11742 times)

alpicone

Dimension One Spa Leak - Under Filter Area
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:50 am »
I am trying to repair a D1 spa that belongs to my mother-in-law. She didn't winterize it properly and it was leaking when she tried to fill it back up. Her "pool guy" told her that it isn't worth fixing and that she should just buy a new one  :o.

She told me if I want it I can keep it so here I am trying to repair it before spending the money to move it to my house.  ;D

The first major leak that I fixed was the flow switch tee that was cracked. There is still one more slow leak that is below the filter area where I can see a little bit of water leaking through the insulation.

I know that the next step is to dig out the insulation in that area to find the source of the leak. I was wondering if there are an parts diagrams that I can use to know what is in the area that I am digging in to make sure not to damage anything. I also need to be able to identify the replacement parts I may need once I find the leak.

The spa is a 2002 D1 California Sahara model.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Spa Leak - Under Filter Area
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:50 am »

goneaway

Re: Dimension One Spa Leak - Under Filter Area
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:51 am »
Hi Al

Parts manuals tend to be few and far between unless you can drop on an engineer who might just happen to have one.
Google might be the best place to scour for manuals.
I'm afraid, you might just be working blind.

I did google how to remove expanding foam and came up with this, which might help you remove the stuff with minimal effort.

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178554

particularly the last entry.

alpicone

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:31 am »
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I will be digging away bilindly  :(

alpicone

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 10:27:13 am »
So I finally had time to get to the spa this weekend. "Only" lost 4 inches in a week so I was hoping it would be a small easy fix. No such luck. The insulation was holding the pipe together so as soon as I removed it the pipe broke apart and the water came pouring out.

Here are some pics of the broken pipe: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5, Pic 6

Weather dropped to 30 degrees last night so I had to drain and winterize it. Looks like I will need to tackle this one the weather gets better in the spring.

alpicone

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:25:10 am »
So I sent some picture to Easy Spa Parts and then told me that I need a new De-Gassing Chamber. I ordered the part and hope to have it in time to take another shot at it this weekend.

Does anyone have any tips for replacing the de-gassing chamber? They are shipping the part with the hoses and clamps that attach to the chamber to help replace it.

Thanks.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »
This is a common freeze problem. Remove foam and the pipe falls apart.
Retired

jedema

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:39 am »
yup.  Delt with that a bit the past couple of months with my 2000 Tiger River Bengal.  What started as a 1" a day drop turned into a half a tub drop after I located the leaky pipe (or check valve). 

Those precision jets in the were the first, then it was a check valve under a seat that required tiping the tub on its side. 

Its a pain, but its worth it to fix it right if your doing it yourself.  A lot of service guys would tell me that I'm crazy for doing it, but the tub is holding water and it makes me happy to relax in it knowing that I fixed it. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42