What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Interesting email I just got from Jacuzzi  (Read 6771 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Interesting email I just got from Jacuzzi
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »

Really?  ???   :o

Jacuzzi Group Worldwide Update
May 31, 2012
Jacuzzi Group Worldwide Acquires Assets of ThermoSpas

Jacuzzi Group Worldwide, parent company to both Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs and Sundance® Spas announces today that an affiliated company has acquired the assets of ThermoSpas®. ThermoSpas is a manufacturer and seller of hot tubs, which began operations in 1983.

"We are very pleased to welcome ThermoSpas' employees, suppliers, and spa owners to the Jacuzzi Group family", said Bob Rowan, president of Jacuzzi North America. "ThermoSpas' ability to generate interest in the hot tub category combined with a cutting edge system of managing leads will prove to be a significant benefit to our network of Jacuzzi and Sundance dealers and our corporation. Additionally, ThermoSpas' reputation for innovative, great quality products makes them a great fit with our current business."

President Andy Tournas founded ThermoSpas, based in Wallingford, Connecticut, in 1983. The company will continue operating independently of the Jacuzzi and Sundance organizations, with Tournas serving as president.

"I am personally thrilled to enter this new chapter for ThermoSpas under the ownership of Jacuzzi Group Worldwide", said Tournas. "Their expertise and resources will enable ThermoSpas to provide outstanding service to our customer base, and I'm certain that ThermoSpas will provide some significant enhancements to the Jacuzzi and Sundance businesses".

In the coming months, you can look forward to us introducing ways to leverage the value of this acquisition for the benefit of our established dealer base. A few of the examples include:
•   Lead generation, specific for our dealer base
•   Improved lead nurturing and lead management
•   Potential profit from service opportunities
Additionally, the fundamental operations and product line of ThermoSpas will remain distinct and separate from Jacuzzi and Sundance brands. That includes distribution, with Jacuzzi and Sundance operating through our strong dealer base and ThermoSpas selling direct to consumer.

As additional details are available regarding the integration of the ThermoSpas business, we will be sharing these with you. In the meantime, please direct any questions you might have to your regional manager - we'll be sure to address these in future communications.

We will continue to focus our efforts on driving growth and profitability throughout your organizations. 2012 is proving to be an exceptional year as our new product development efforts, led by the launch of CLEARRAY™, along with outstanding marketing campaigns, are driving terrific results. As always, we thank all of our great partners for your support!

Jacuzzi Group Worldwide
email: dealersupport@jacuzzibrands.com
Toll Free: 866-234-7727

Hot Tub Forum

Interesting email I just got from Jacuzzi
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:52 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Interesting email I just got from Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »
Wow. It will be VERY interesting to see how this pans out.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »
Very interesting. I would have loved to have been there for the negotiations. I imagine a Thermospas negotiating rep giving their asking price with Jacuzzi turning it down saying it was too much followed by the Thermo guy saying "Give me a minute to call my manager" only to come back and say "OK, he said we'd make you a special deal and sell the company for X amount but you'd need to make the deal today because its the end of the month ...".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »
   LOL!    Just not sure why they would do that?      Phase out thermospas and produce Jacuzzi and Sundance out of Conn for easier distribution to the midwest and the east? 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:19:03 pm »
Very interesting. I would have loved to have been there for the negotiations. I imagine a Thermospas negotiating rep giving their asking price with Jacuzzi turning it down saying it was too much followed by the Thermo guy saying "Give me a minute to call my manager" only to come back and say "OK, he said we'd make you a special deal and sell the company for X amount but you'd need to make the deal today because its the end of the month ...".

I love it!! So true. The one which always got me was:

"Wait! You like the XYZ model in Silver Marble with Grey siding, full foam upgrade, Ash cover, Stereo iPod mount with the sub-woofer upgrade, three-tier step in grey, with ozone, inline Spa Frog system, blower with "Turbo" boost upgrade, remote control, Stainless Steel trim upgrade, and the EZ lift cover upgrade? WOW! I just had a customer order that exact same spa and cancel! I can get it for you in just four weeks at a thousand dollars off because we really have to move it!"

Yeah.

My bet would be that Jacuzzi wants to be able to sell direct, and this is their avenue to accomplish that. Others have tried it and failed - it's very expensive to have to try to support customers out there where you have no dealer or rep. Time will tell!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:29 am »

That is funny, and yet so true! Every customer that says they have bought a Thermospa(which isnt many) has a story just like that! ;D
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42