What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Breaker shuts off  (Read 2937 times)

on_mitch

Breaker shuts off
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm the new guy
I own an eight year old Pacific by Aber, Titanium series, Eclipse LT hot tub, purchased new. The GFCI was replaced two years ago, with another Siemen's' brand GFCI.
I'm a tradesman with decent tools, and I would like to repair this myself.

The other day, I opened the tub to use it and found the beaker had tripped. I reset the GFCI, and main breaker, and the GFCI tripped again. Now the power remains on ,with the circulating pump, and heater are working , but the main pump will not come on.
Are there diagnostic procedures to test the main pump while still in the tub, or is there a relay switch that controls it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mitch
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:34:35 pm by on_mitch »

Hot Tub Forum

Breaker shuts off
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

clover

Re: Breaker shuts off
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:47:36 am »
Best guess would be the pump has a short to ground.  If you have a multi meter, with the power OFF, remove the wires to the pump and check ohms resistance to ground.  If any, you have an internal short to ground tripping the breaker.  IF you don't know what I am talking about, call a qualified service technican.

Another Diagnostics prodedure would be to systematically disconnect electrical functions, one by one, until the culprit is found.   
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

on_mitch

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:12:51 pm »
Hi

Thanks for you reply.
I do indeed know what you are talking about, and I will check it out tomorrow and post my results.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:12:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42