What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2010 J465 Flow Switch  (Read 9182 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2010 J465 Flow Switch
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »
Some PNW mojo sent for you  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:27 pm »
So let me see if I can sum up the latest progress - please let me know if I am missing anything:

Close to two months without a working spa because they couldn't come and install a flow switch. (Ten minute job).
When they found out you were posting about your problems on a public forum, instead of stepping up and fixing the problem faster, or posting themselves with some reasonable explanation, they began to threaten to cancel your warranty and sue you.
You apparently have shipping numbers or tracking information which says that the stereo arrived at the dealer, but some how he 'can't find it,' so he installed all the wiring and speakers (your twelveth set, give or take) but he seems to have decided to keep the stereo.
You do finally have a running spa - does the stereo work, or are you waiting for that to turn up?

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
So let me see if I can sum up the latest progress - please let me know if I am missing anything:

Close to two months without a working spa because they couldn't come and install a flow switch. (Ten minute job).
When they found out you were posting about your problems on a public forum, instead of stepping up and fixing the problem faster, or posting themselves with some reasonable explanation, they began to threaten to cancel your warranty and sue you.
You apparently have shipping numbers or tracking information which says that the stereo arrived at the dealer, but some how he 'can't find it,' so he installed all the wiring and speakers (your twelveth set, give or take) but he seems to have decided to keep the stereo.
You do finally have a running spa - does the stereo work, or are you waiting for that to turn up?

8)

I have a running spa as of Monday 5:00 PM Central time. :)

They did not replace the radio or 2 of the speakers that Jacuzzi told them to do because the Radio and 2 speakers are "misplaced".

I do not feel this service tech has anything to do with the missing radio and speakers. He is a good person IMO.

I know the tracking from my good Jacuzzi friend in California; He sent the wiring harness,bass unit,power supply, 4 speakers and a radio.

The radio and 2 of the speakers were sent at the same time the bass,power supply and wiring harness where shipped. 2 speakers were originally sent to just replace my bad ones then A regional Jacuzzi manager made the decision to change every part of my stereo system after I was told that my warranty had run out and Jacuzzi basically would not do anything even though I had lost 10+ speakers in 23 months. The dealership manager told me this on his one phone call.

The Regional Jacuzzi rep. called me and was extremely nice and he made the total replacement of my stereo system happen.

ALL you said above is true. The flow switch should have been changed March 19 still 19 days into this scenario. The older flow switch came in but the DMST connector could have easily been spliced to get water flowing; The flow switch is identical except for the connector; splicing wires would have take 2 minutes.

I firmly believe I was held hostage but I did find out that the Local dealer can do whatever he wants without consequences. If he had anything to say to back up his decisions, I feel he would have posted a long time ago but He has nothing IMO. The dealership called me 1 time in that 50 day period; now that is Customer service.

I have a seemingly good relationship with the service tech. I hope I am never faced with this again. If I am, I will take Jacuzzi Jim up on his earlier offer.

I guarantee I will not be asked to rate this dealership based on Customer satisfaction and work ethics; This should be required by Jacuzzi IMO like all car manufactures do.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
Very little which goes on around here (or on other boards) can get me upset anymore.
But THIS situation really has me angry. I'm sorry - I really wish there was something I could do about it. This gives the entire industry a bad reputation, and I am so very sorry it happened.

Here's hopin' that your tub gives you years of trouble-free service from here on.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:05 am »
Very little which goes on around here (or on other boards) can get me upset anymore.
But THIS situation really has me angry. I'm sorry - I really wish there was something I could do about it. This gives the entire industry a bad reputation, and I am so very sorry it happened.

Here's hopin' that your tub gives you years of trouble-free service from here on.

8)

Thanks; This J 465 IS A GREAT HOT TUB.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42