What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another Noob  (Read 4128 times)

D.A.

Another Noob
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:50:45 pm »
I've been lurking around here for a while, and decided to sign up!  As the description reads, I am new to the whole hot tub thing.  I have been looking for about 3 months now, and am ready to pull the trigger.  I have narrowed it down to HS Grandee, Sundance Optima, and D1 Nautilus.  While looking at the D1 today, the dealer was pushing the Elite 8500 by Maax.  I have not had a chance to wet test anything yet, and I know that is a must.  I know the HS is obviously a great tub, but what are you opinions?  What about the Elite?  Thank you in advance!!

Hot Tub Forum

Another Noob
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:50:45 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Another Noob
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »
 Well I think Maxx builds a decent spa, that being said if the price is equall to the Grandee or the Sundance or D1, I would pick one of them over the Maxx.  Much also depends on a wet test and what you looking for in a spa.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:19:13 pm »
I am not going to bash, I'll tell you straight facts based upon what I've personally seen.  I was at a homeshow nearly 2 months ago and Maax had a booth near us, they had side panels off two different models and I'll tell you honestly it looked like some of the most sub-par insulation I have personally seen, and I've gutted or been inside to repair a lot of brands.  That said I have no idea what models they were and I'm not even sure if they insulate every model the same, but it was honestly bad from what I saw.  Take it with a grain of salt I guess but Hot Spring, Jacuzzi/Sundance, D1 have better insulation that Maax imho.  Now is it going to break the bank to run? who knows, without real life numbers from someone willing to monitor power its always an educated guess, I have a Vista being monitored right now if you want some real life numbers on basically the same model as Grandee...

Grandee, Optima and Nautilus are all nice tubs...all have 24hr. circulation, 5yr component warranty, from reputable companies...the absolute best thing for you to do is attempt a wet test on all of them and decide what feels best for you and the family...good luck
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:22:43 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:57:21 am »
I have narrowed it down to HS Grandee, Sundance Optima, and D1 Nautilus. 

Those are 3 excellent options. Whatever you buy will be in your yards for a decade+ so its important to get a quality made, well insulated spas which all of these are. Wet test them and go with whichever fits/feels best to you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:14:32 pm »
I have narrowed it down to HS Grandee, Sundance Optima, and D1 Nautilus. 

Those are 3 excellent options. Whatever you buy will be in your yards for a decade+ so its important to get a quality made, well insulated spas which all of these are. Wet test them and go with whichever fits/feels best to you.

I only made it 9 years before deciding to replace  ;)  I could probably go longer, but now that it is just Gina and I, I may go to  a slighly smaller but better insulated tub.  Definitely don't want to be without one now. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drblythe

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »
Dear Global Moderator - Knowing all you know about hot tubs, what is your short list for a smaller tub (or have you already decided on a make and model)?  Thanks!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »
Dear Global Moderator - Knowing all you know about hot tubs, what is your short list for a smaller tub (or have you already decided on a make and model)?  Thanks!

Well, since I bought my tub 9 years ago the economy has really trimmed the fat for dealers and options. Right now, I'm only aware of two dealers in my town I would feel comfortable dealing with. My original dealer is gone.  There are two dealers a block from each other, one carrying Sundance/Jacuzzi and the other carrying Hot Springs and I believe Dynasty now.   I've enjoyed my sister's HS Vanguard and that is the choice on that side.  I need to investigate the Sundance/Jacuzzi option as I've never been in one, just read about them and visited them occasionally.  D1 looked good when I saw them, but they moved out years ago.  Actually its been a long time since I checked to see if there were any other dealers still in town.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42