What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a Hot Tub Identified Please  (Read 6381 times)

Valor

Need a Hot Tub Identified Please
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »
Hi, I recently purchased a used spa/hot tub, and the guy who sold it to me said it was a "Softub", and, while it does look like one, while describing the controls to a softub technician over the phone, it seems as though it is not. I need to know exactly what brand this is. Every piece of hardware 'under the skirt' seems to have a different name on it, but it does say: "Model TM201" and "Serial number TM2-0078". You'd think they would have the manufacturer name all over the thing, but I can't seem to find one anywhere! It is octagon shaped, 5 foot wide, and roughly 2.5 feet high. It has 4 jets.

Hot Tub Forum

Need a Hot Tub Identified Please
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Need a Hot Tub Identified Please
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:36:39 pm »
 Hard to say it looks like a softub but most I think will say softub on it.   Also I think most softubs have the heater core wrapped around the pump motor for heat.    But then I have not actually seen a softub in at least 2/3 years..   Could be some after market ebay type spa or internet retailer? 

colo_artist

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 07:55:29 am »
I'd say it's a SuperTub model 200. SpaDepot sells them online. I checked and found some on eBay.

I saw some like it at the recent Denver Garden and Home show, so I bet there's a number of spa stores that sell them.

Valor

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:11:57 pm »
Yes, thank-you, that must be it. It looks identical except for the colors of the leather and the dials. I assume that they come in different colors? Any idea of when they were built?

colo_artist

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 07:36:27 pm »
No idea, but I kinda remember seeing them at the garden show for at least the last 3-4 years. You might check with SpaDepot and see when they were made with tan covers. They're friendly folks...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:30:31 am by Forum Admin »

Valor

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »
Ah ha! I now know for certain that my unit was built by "Splash Super Pools" in 2007, and it is, indeed, a "Super Tub 200". Thanx for all your help. I was on the phone with them just today, and they confirmed the serial number for me. Now I can order some parts and the filter!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42