What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foaming and aromatherapy  (Read 5594 times)

azloafer

Foaming and aromatherapy
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »
We use Nature 2 and our water is balanced.  The water WAS nice and clear and free from foam until we tried some of that aromatherapy liquid.  We couldn't notice much of an odor coming off the water surface as we expected to.  However, we could smell it on our skin.  Gradually foam started to form.  After three or four soaks of an hour each the foam got to be an inch thick.  We added a chemical foam reducer, but the effect was short lived.  The foam came back.  After going through a pint of chemical over several spa uses, it didn't seem wise to continue dumping this stuff into the water.  We managed to keep the water balanced, but the foam remained.  We shocked with chlorine, but the foam was back the next time we used the spa.  We also cleaned the filter.  If we did not use the pump on high we had little foam, but we like it on high with the air on.  We have the Artesian Azalia 150 Gallon 2 person spa.  We plan on dumping the water and starting over as a solution to getting rid of the foam.  Is this aromatherapy stuff known for problems like this?  I know that we will never use it again.

Hot Tub Forum

Foaming and aromatherapy
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Foaming and aromatherapy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »
The quick answer is "no". However, there are quite a number of different manufacturers of different spa fragrances, and you omitted to mention which you are using.

As a side note, foam reducing agents are only temporary. They work by eliminating the surface tension of water. Without surface tension, bubbles can't form. But as said, they only work temporarily.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:00:32 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

azloafer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »
I threw it out , but I believe it was spelled Spazazz.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:02:29 pm »
Spazazz is one of the better fragrances. They tend to use more natural ingredients. This is the first time I've heard of foaming this bad, and I've sold tons and tons of it over a number of years.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Waterbug

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:53:19 pm »
  I live in northern Michigan and my wife won't wear perfume or even hair spray in the summer, because they attract bugs.  I'd NEVER dump a fragrance in out tub.

clover

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:31:13 am »
What are you wearing into the spa.  Foam is most likely soap residual that remains in material after going through the washing machine.  At this point in time, I would consider them well rinsed.  Spazazz is NOT the source of your problem, unfortunately you threw it out.  It is good stuff.  It has natural emollients along with aloe vera that your wife will notice in the softness of her skin.

Back to the foam, get the shop vac out, hook it up on the blower side, turn the pump on high with the blower going and blow the soap suds away from the spa.  Anti foam will cause as many problems that it will correct and is not a good long term application. 

Best advice, use the spa sans suit. Cotton materials are the biggest holders of residual soap worn into the spa.  Birthday suits are advised.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:31:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42