What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: great lakes GL8 vs Jacuzzi J-365  (Read 5746 times)

ryanrsnyder

great lakes GL8 vs Jacuzzi J-365
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:59 am »
sorry if this has been rehashed before.....i have searched the forum and can't find the info I'm looking for.  I am totally new to the hot tub thing.  We are looking to buy a new tub.  The two local dealers sell either great lakes or jacuzzi.  the 2 models we are interested in are the GL8 and the J-365.  the J-365 is 2k more expensive but has a little bit better warranty (at least longer i guess....by 2 years).  the GL8 has lounge seating and the J-365 does not.  By my very inexperienced eye that is the only noticeable thing at first look that I can tell in the difference (besides the warranty).  We have friends that have dealt with the GL dealer and have only good things to say.  Haven't heard either way about the jacuzzi dealer.  anyone have any thoughts good or bad about either of the 2 spas?  we are putting it on cement and will have to run new electrical for it (i think they both run on 240v/50amp....but we haven't had the electric work done yet until we pick a spa).  Without much knowledge I can't see the reason for spending the extra bucks unless the GL8 is P.O.S.   thanks for the thoughts.

Hot Tub Forum

great lakes GL8 vs Jacuzzi J-365
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:16:59 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: great lakes GL8 vs Jacuzzi J-365
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:14:24 am »
Welcome to the forum. I can only say the J365 has a good reputation among their owners.  I've seen one on my local dealers floor I would have bought if I was in the market.  Either way, let us know how it goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:12 am »
I wouldn't hesitate on the 365 at all. I used to sell the Jacuzzi line when i was in sales and it was a solid seller. I don't know anything about the GL company except it's obviously a smaller manufacturer than Jacuzzi/Sundance.  Wet test both spas and see which one suits your needs the best. Me personally I love the Jacuzzi jets but again its personal preference. Good luck in your decision either way it will be enjoyable to get into hot water!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42