What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice on small, convenient to install tub in cold climate  (Read 3602 times)

Omahajayne

Need advice on small, convenient to install tub in cold climate
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:48:32 pm »
 I am interested in a hotspot TX.  Ended up liking this one due to some logistical issues with space and access to patio (don't want to use a crane to install on a semi-enclosed below ground patio).  My only questions/concerns are: I want a tub that retains heat adequately and appreciate any comments on the TX in regards to this (live in Nebraska with fairly cold winters), and is it okay to just use 110v or is there a heat advantage to converting to 220v?  I don't care much about jet strength, and for this stage of life, something that is more affordable, and that I wouldn't mind behind leaving behind is what I'm going for (thus the tx).

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice on small, convenient to install tub in cold climate
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:48:32 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need advice on small, convenient to install tub in cold climate
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:27 am »
I am interested in a hotspot TX.  Ended up liking this one due to some logistical issues with space and access to patio (don't want to use a crane to install on a semi-enclosed below ground patio).  My only questions/concerns are: I want a tub that retains heat adequately and appreciate any comments on the TX in regards to this (live in Nebraska with fairly cold winters), and is it okay to just use 110v or is there a heat advantage to converting to 220v?  I don't care much about jet strength, and for this stage of life, something that is more affordable, and that I wouldn't mind behind leaving behind is what I'm going for (thus the tx).

Short of the upfront cost its always better to go 220v but sometimes it doesn’t matter too much. The spa uses a resistive heater so there will be no difference in total cost to maintain the heat whether you use 110V or 220v but teh 110V heats up much slower. You have cold weather there but not quite “Minnesota cold” so that part wouldn’t concern me too much since its fully insulated but there are differences in the way it heats between 220v and 110v. The advantage for 220v is you can run the heater while you have the jet pump on high if you are in it. For 110v once you turn the pump on high to use the jets it disables the heater until you turn the jet pump back off. Also, with 220v it will heat up faster so when you do turn the jets off it won't take as long to regain that heat but since this is a small spa that might not be a big deal depending on how long those jets are on. If you use the jets for a short duration (like 10 minutes) you’ll probably be fine either way.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:11:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Omahajayne

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »
Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42