What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: noobie..did i make out ok?  (Read 2611 times)

fastion420

noobie..did i make out ok?
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:23 am »
hi kind of a noobie here been wanting a hot tub for a while and after looking at many used on craigslist...most of wich had the heater and pump in boxes saying they might need replaced...i settled on a 5 person wich i beleive is a thermo spa..wich i got to see run and heated up for 230$ and he delivered it :)has digital controller for temp,light,jets and bubbles..
the siding was rotting and the cover sagging with a few minor rips...the main circulation jet is plugged cause he told me it killed pressure to the other jets?
and their is one spot that shows a minor crack from the top but doesnt leak any water...

i replaced the siding wich all got but destroyed moving it for about 100$ and even built a nice set of stairs going into the tub.
new filter was 30$
and im sending test water to my local pool/spa shop tomorrow to get chemicals..
so all and all im under 500$ with all new siding on a very decent sized 110 tub did i make out ok?

Hot Tub Forum

noobie..did i make out ok?
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:23 am »

fastion420

Re: noobie..did i make out ok?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:48:42 am »
pics

where the red thing is where the main jet is capped off?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:18:22 am »
Interesting, good luck.  How heavy is the cover? Is it very heavy for one person to lift by themself?  If so, that should be your next investment. You will be more likely to use it in the cold weather if you can get the cover off and on easily.

Welcome to the forum.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

MileHighSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »
anytime you can be "out the door" for 500 or less and have a fully functional hot tub I would say you did good.  That jet plug was funny, I hadnt seen that before.  If you need a new jet housing thermospa doesnt use a sprayed in foam, it wouldnt be hard to fix.

But yeah if the cover is heavy you should consider making that the next investment.  I dont recommend buying one online, find a good local dealer who has a good reputation.  They probably dont buy garbage covers because they want to help their customers.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »
Like what the others said before me, the cover looks in rough shape, can't tell heavy it is obviously, but that looks like it needs replacement.  That + chems will cost more than your spa!  ha. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:16:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42