What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bromide vs. salt  (Read 3090 times)

jojo

bromide vs. salt
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
hi, is there an advantage to switching from bromide to salt ? it probably is expensive i guess i wont need any of that with my terribly performing dynasty tub

Hot Tub Forum

bromide vs. salt
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: bromide vs. salt
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:16 pm »
Salt by itself wont do anything. You also need to have the chlorine/bromine generator, which electrically turns the salt into chlorine/bromine.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Wizard

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:04 pm »
Converting to a saltwater system is easy once you have a chlorine generator. Just about everything else you need can be purchased at the grocery store. Salt, baking soda & white vinegar. You will most likely need a phosphate remover. The saltwater spa scriptures will walk you through this.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »
here is a good aftermarket system I have experience with: http://www.controlomatic.com/index.html

these can be used on any brand of spa using their standard version...there is also a version you can plumb directly inline if you have a circulation pump in your spa.

also make sure you buy a pool grade salt...the stuff from the store has additives to prevent clumping and is not recommended for use in spas/pools

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42