What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! I'm having trouble measuring my spa for a new cover!  (Read 3336 times)

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
HELP! I'm having trouble measuring my spa for a new cover!
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »
Okay - I was doing great until I got to the part about 'radius' corner dimension.  I have a Marquis Quest Spa - circa 2005 model.  It measures 77" x 84" and has curved corners. 
I've tried the two rulers, a ruler and a straight edge, a carpenter's t-square and the tracing and measuring methods - I came up with a different radius every time! (everything from 12" - 15.5")   I understand the importance of getting the measurement correct - and I even called one cover manufacturor for help - hoping they had a 'template' for my spa... no such luck. 

Does anyone else have a Marquis Quest?  Or a 'simple' solution for getting the curved corners right?  Any Marquis dealers care to chime in with who they use for covers? 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! I'm having trouble measuring my spa for a new cover!
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: HELP! I'm having trouble measuring my spa for a new cover!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
You won't necessarily get the exact same measurement using those differing methods (or even two people using the exact same method on the same cover) since its not always so evident exactly where where the straight edge meets the cover but you should get closer than your numbers indicate. Try with the square one last time and if in doubt, go with the smaller measurement and you'll be fine, it will just overhang slightly which is perfectly ok.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: HELP! I'm having trouble measuring my spa for a new cover!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42