What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Spa cover that my dog wont scratch up.  (Read 10890 times)

almstsobur

New Spa cover that my dog wont scratch up.
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:26:04 pm »
Hey all, I need a new spa cover for my 2002 Sundance Capri model spa. First I have no idea who makes quality spa covers, any recommendations of manufacturer or where to order from? I am in a fairly mild, no-snow, Northern California climate. Second I have a 50Lb dog that loves to jump on my spa cover to see whats going on over the fence .... he doesn't chew on it and and he isn't abnormally brutal to it, but none the less his nails scratched up the vinyl of my existing cover quite easily. I really don't have the money to go with a full walk on, or aluminum cover, do I have any other options for a cover he wont tear up? Does anyone make a fiberglass, rubber or plastic backed cover that is scratch resistant?

Thank You,

-Robert

Hot Tub Forum

New Spa cover that my dog wont scratch up.
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:26:04 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New Spa cover that my dog wont scratch up.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:45:28 am »
Hey all, I need a new spa cover for my 2002 Sundance Capri model spa. First I have no idea who makes quality spa covers, any recommendations of manufacturer or where to order from? I am in a fairly mild, no-snow, Northern California climate. Second I have a 50Lb dog that loves to jump on my spa cover to see whats going on over the fence .... he doesn't chew on it and and he isn't abnormally brutal to it, but none the less his nails scratched up the vinyl of my existing cover quite easily. I really don't have the money to go with a full walk on, or aluminum cover, do I have any other options for a cover he wont tear up? Does anyone make a fiberglass, rubber or plastic backed cover that is scratch resistant?

Thank You,

-Robert

We all love our pets but.......me thinks you need to get a good quality vinyl cover and keep the dog off of it. Good covers can be had from RHTubs dot com. I have had good luck with them for myself and several customers.

Build the dog a cheap wood platform to spy on the neighbors.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:08:07 am »
I'll go with Tman,  I don't think you will find a cover that can resist a dog, for long anyway. I've seen some that might, but don't think they were good covers for one reason or other.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:42 am »
What about a cover, to cover the cover?

Constructed of heavy-duty reinforced woven polyethylene, the rugged Spa Cover Cap is designed to protect your hot tub and spa cover from harsh weather, dirt and debris. The Spa Cover Cap is extremely strong, completely waterproof and designed to work in all climates. Resistant to damage from the suns UV rays, the Spa Cover Cap protects your expensive insulating cover from tree sap, ice, snow, harsh rain and intense sun.. The Spa Cover Cap is also shrink proof, mildew proof, rot resistant and tear resistant.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

almstsobur

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »
I like the cover for the cover idea, I was also thinking about maybe a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to put over it?

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »
that would be a smart way to go, there is a company out there that makes an aluminum cover , but very spendy.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

SpaGuy911

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »

SpaGuy911

SpaGuy911

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42