What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is my circulation pump bad?  (Read 4417 times)

peacE

Is my circulation pump bad?
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »
Hi, I have a Royal Spa that's around 8 years old and the water stopped getting hot. I thought it was the heater coil but, the circulation pump model # SM-909-NHW-18-3/4 is very hot but not circulating the water. Could this be the problem and how can I test the pump to see if it's bad?

Hot Tub Forum

Is my circulation pump bad?
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Is my circulation pump bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
First, check the filter. That little Lang pump doesn't pull water through a dirty filter, and the heating system sure can't work if the water is not moving.

Take the filter out, clean it. Notice, I didn't say "rinse." Clean with a filter cleaning solution, or if the filter is over 4 years old, toss it and install a new one.

"my filter looks clean," or "I just cleaned it"  - oil can clog a filter very fast, and it's usually clear so the filter looks clean.

Take the time to clean or replace the filter, before you go out and buy a new circ pump.

If the filter doesn't clear things up, then yes, look into the circ pump.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

peacE

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:04:37 pm »
Thanks Chas... I did look at the filter, it didn't to bad but I will clean it anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:04:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42