What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving a new tub in freezing weather  (Read 2311 times)

Junior

Moving a new tub in freezing weather
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »
I have a question for the seasoned veterans. I purchased a 2007 Sundance Optima that is in operation now and I will be moving it in freezing temps.If I drain the water will I be safe to transport it with out doing a full blow out and adding antifreeze? I will have to place the tub on its side to move it so I would amagine this will defenetly help get more water out of the lines. My bigest fear is that the pump and lines will freeze up on the trailer. The forcast is for 30 degrees the day we want to move it.

Also is there a special type of antifreeze I should use if it is needed. And how come no one rents those darn tub dollies you see on you tube. They sure look like they would make the job easier.

Hot Tub Forum

Moving a new tub in freezing weather
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »

castletonia

Re: Moving a new tub in freezing weather
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »
Regular RV antifreeze.  I personally would blow out the lines.  Tipping the spa on its side gets most of the water out but might not get all of it out. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:33 am »
I have a question for the seasoned veterans. I purchased a 2007 Sundance Optima that is in operation now and I will be moving it in freezing temps.If I drain the water will I be safe to transport it with out doing a full blow out and adding antifreeze? I will have to place the tub on its side to move it so I would amagine this will defenetly help get more water out of the lines. My bigest fear is that the pump and lines will freeze up on the trailer. The forcast is for 30 degrees the day we want to move it.

Also is there a special type of antifreeze I should use if it is needed. And how come no one rents those darn tub dollies you see on you tube. They sure look like they would make the job easier.

Open up the pump unions, you'll be tipping it on the equipment side so.........you'll be fine, when you tip it up 99% of the water will dump out.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42