What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New shopper needs some help  (Read 2303 times)

bobwinfl

New shopper needs some help
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »
Hello everyone,
I've recently started my spa search and I found this forum.  I have been reading old posts and doing many searches here, but I still have some unique concerns that I didn't see addressed.  I am looking at the 3 person tubs that would fit 2 comfortably but would possibly consider up to a smaller 4 person tub.  It will just be for me and my wife to soak our bad backs.  I'm a big fella, 6'1" @ 275 and the wife is 5'9" average build.  So far we like the the fit of the Sundance Dover and it was within our price range, but we have only dry tested it.

There are several dealers in my area, but I have only found one (so far) that actually has spas on site that I would consider and he only has a few available for wet test.  He sells Sundance, Bahama, and Dreammaker spas.  All of the other dealers have one of the big luxury models (or none) in their store and sell their spas out of a catalog and expect you to pick one and hope for the best. I've read enough posts to know by now that a wet test is the way to go, but what do you do when it's not possible?  Dealers are just not willing to order to see if you like (or fit) as was suggested to another shopper here, due to space limitations or other reasons which I can understand.  What do you recommend?  Is it even worth my time searching for other spas if a wet test won't be possible? 

Next, I plan to place the spa in an small enclosed back porch that shares a door with our bedroom, tub will be 5 feet from our bed.   I am a very heavy sleeper, but my wife is a light sleeper.  Would it be a bad idea to have it so close to our bedroom if the pump will be cycling throughout the night? 

I will save the remainder of my questions on another post so I don't overwhelm you.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Bob

Hot Tub Forum

New shopper needs some help
« on: October 08, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: New shopper needs some help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »
I saw your earliewr post, I would recomend a looking at spas with the 24/7 circ pump . then you wont har the spa running in the middle of the night, I am surprised that the other dealers do not have a selection of spas, we are in the heart of the season, we stock 16 different models to show,, what area are you in and what other brands have you looked at......happy hunting
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

bobwinfl

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »
I am near Pensacola Florida and except for the one I mentioned, they just don't believe in stocking product.  One told me that is how she keeps her prices low.  I've only been able to look at the Sundance and Nordic spas so far, but I'm planning to drive about an hour and a half sometime this week to look at some Jacuzzi dealers in Mobile Alabama.  The J-315 looks similar to what we are interested in.  Thanks for the suggestion about the 24/7 circ pump.  Are there any small spas that have that as the space I want to place it is small too. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »
bobwinfl
Wow thats hard to take, they don't stock much so it keeps the price down, i believe it is the other way around, we stock more so we don't have to order one spa and pay huge freight bill...The Jacuzzi is a great spa they own the Sundance Spas,.If there are any other dealers in the area, The D1, Hot Springs,Clearwater, to name a few that have small spas with circ pumps....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42