What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water quality systems  (Read 6770 times)

DamoH

Water quality systems
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:47:28 am »
Hello… new to this forum! Looking for advise / an explanation on the pros & cons for the different types of water quality systems on the market today
.ie fitters, ozone systems, Salt water Sanitizing System etc etc…. What should I be looking for?!?
I am in the process of buying …. And the sales guys have my brain fried  ???

Thanks
D

Hot Tub Forum

Water quality systems
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:47:28 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Water quality systems
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:39:06 am »
Welcome to the forum. I'll allow more of the experts to chime in, I'm more of a zoo keeper here than an hot tub expert.  ;D    My advise is, if your not certain, let other points be the determining factor.  While important, the sanitizing methods all seem to work, you just get there differently.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:39:58 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Salesmen will fry your brain...they do mine.  I even fry my own from time to time.

Here is a quick video explaining the new ACE Saltwater System available on new Hot Spring Spas.  We have had good success with it thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/HotSpringSpasVideos#p/c/D850ED43C7158E98/0/-Vh4kOjDmPQ

Good luck in your spa shopping!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

SuziQ

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:43:25 pm »
We're just firing up our Arctic Cub, which we bought, used, several years ago.  Finally got the deck built, on which it's now sitting.  The former owners passed along their tote with the Baqua products, so we'll probably start with those, but we'd also considered doing a salt water system. 
I saw the info about the ACE system on one of the earlier posts, but in looking around, I found another system.  Anyone have any experience with the NEXA SPA Sea Salt Chlorine Generator?   Just looking at possibilities, before we get started with the Baqua product, if something looks good, we might just delay the start up, and go with the Salt system.  My sister and b-i-l installed a salt water generator in their pool a few years ago, and we loved the way it felt! Any suggestions would be appreciated.  :)

dark rider

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:14 am »
In shopping tubs, we definitely took into consideration the benefits of a salt water system over traditional dichlor/chlorine, bromine, or Nature 2/MPS.  I travel a fair amount, and my wife made it clear that she doesn't want to deal with maintenance, so that made the ACE system very appealing to us.  The soft water, extended drain intervals, chemical savings and minimal testing also made it that much more appealing.  The only downside to it is really the initial hardware costs and the unknown reliability, since it's a new system. The chemical savings should more than offset the hardware costs over the life of the system if it proves reliable.  If not, it's a question of whether or not to replace any major component failures after warranty.  The good news there is that the hardware is easily removed, and they leave the CD ozonator in the tub (disconnected), so it would be very easy to convert back to a standard maintenance regimen if desired.

Now, if you're pretty much sold on a tub other than Hot Springs, I don't know that it should be the determining factor.  Maintenance is not the reason you buy the tub, but rather one of the necessary evils of tub ownership.  Anything that can make the task easier to perform is a welcome addition, but let the tub's comfort/performance be the deciding factor and use things like required maintenance, purchase price, total ownership cost, and other non-performance related factors as tie-breakers!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 10:31:34 am »
We're just firing up our Arctic Cub, which we bought, used, several years ago.  Finally got the deck built, on which it's now sitting.  The former owners passed along their tote with the Baqua products, so we'll probably start with those, but we'd also considered doing a salt water system. 
I saw the info about the ACE system on one of the earlier posts, but in looking around, I found another system.  Anyone have any experience with the NEXA SPA Sea Salt Chlorine Generator?   Just looking at possibilities, before we get started with the Baqua product, if something looks good, we might just delay the start up, and go with the Salt system.  My sister and b-i-l installed a salt water generator in their pool a few years ago, and we loved the way it felt! Any suggestions would be appreciated.  :)

If you are considering NEXA, think about Technichlor.  Far more elegant.  If you can do cabinet install it is pretty clean.http://www.spachlorinator.com/technichlor.html
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

SuziQ

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »
Thanks, hottubdan, for the suggestion of the Technichlor system!  Hubby called the company today, talked to the tech guy,  liked what he heard, so he ordered it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42