What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas  (Read 6610 times)

PJC

Thermospas
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:52 pm »
Had a Thermospa rep at the house last weekend.  She was not too pushy and talked us through the Manhattan and the Triton.  Both come with amazing warranties, (20 year structural, 10 no fault electrical, 10 years parts and components) and their track record looks pretty good.  They are priced similar to Hot Springs Vista and Grandee which we are also looking at which have much shorter warranties. (5 years)

I understand Hot Springs to be a good name in the business.  Is there anyone with a Thermospa that can speak to service etc.?

Tks.

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospas
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:52 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Thermospas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »
"All of the plumbing, including the pump, the blower and even the spa heater are covered under our 10 year pro-rated warranty. ThermoSpas is one of the few manufacturers to offer any type of warranty on pumps, blowers, and motors beyond 5 years. But more important than the paper the warranty is written on, is the company and the people who stand behind the product."

I highlighted the important part of their warranty IMO. Once you get to the pro-rated part I doubt it'll do much for you. Thermospas is one of the few who use a prorated warranty. Its sole purpose is to make it seem like the warranty is longer than its true usefulness so the fact they even go that route is a red flag to me.

I agree with their last sentence, a warranty is only as good as the paper its written on but I'd personally rather have a warranty written on paper from Hot Spring, Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance... rather than one written on Thermospas paper. Plus, with the other brands you'll buy from a local dealer who will be there to service your spa as opposed to Thermospa who has no local presence.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

PJC

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »
The Thermospa rep. told me that they put in writing the following:

Maximum out of pocket costs per incident during the warranty period:  $75 years 1 - 3, $175 for years 4 - 6, $275 for years 7 -10.  Seems good....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:48:01 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:51:55 pm »
Ask the sales rep for their "par" price.  This is the absolute bottom line price she can offer.  It should be located in the phony serial number on the price sheet.

If you buy at par price, the salesperson will receive a small stipend.  Anything she can sell to you above par price, she splits equally with the factory.

This is according to a former salesman for the company.  I've got the full post somewhere and will try to find it for you.

Again, caveat emptor.

Term

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:29 pm »
PJC,
So i see the "warranty " is even prorated on the first five years.who performs the warranty work? I would stick with D1, Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Marquis. lines were there is no prorated warranty and you r local support from your dealer is worth its weight in gold.Have you watched any of there infomercials on t.v , they play all the time. I would watch it and listen to there story, They have exclusive this and that, whats funny is almost everyone elsi in the industry has the this and thats just they use a different " so called exclusive name for it" also they state most energy efficient, the best shell,,,,etc..... if you watch and take notes then go to the local guys and tell them this is what they say . i think you will be surprised on how they really compare......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:38:55 pm »
The Thermospa rep. told me that they put in writing the following:

Maximum out of pocket costs per incident during the warranty period:  $75 years 1 - 3, $175 for years 4 - 6, $275 for years 7 -10.  Seems good....

It may "seem" good but its Thermospas so I'd personally be skeptical of anything they told me let alone something as TOTALLY unrealistic as that.

There are many good spas options out there I and others would recommend. There are also many so-so options. Then there are teh few to be avoided IMO and if you had come here and simply asked what companies to specifically avoid I'd have answered Master and Thermsospas. Too many people have been burned by them so if it were me I'd turn them down just based on their reputation.

Take a look at the review below. At the end you'll see that it is just a single review out of a total of 10 for Thermsospas on that independent site. If you look at all 10 reviews you'll see there 7 are TERRIBLE reviews, 2 are good and 1 is from someone who had not yet receievd their spa and simply discussed the purchase so they really don't count. That's only 2 out of 9 people happy to that point in their spa experience which is a horrendous report card.

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?page=1;md=read;id=9587
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:21:16 pm by Spatech_tuo »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 06:05:11 pm »
I am telling you....where there is smoke, there is some kind of skunk smoking something.  Take it to heart!

Seriously, my pappy taught me when I was 10 years old..."If something sounds too good to be true....it usually is."

Never......EVER....buy a hot tub (or any other expensive item) just by looking at pretty pictures and taking a salespersons word.  You will invariably be disappointed.

I wish you well in your endeavor.

Term

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »
I agree with Term here, you get what you pay for.

PJC

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 08:06:50 am »
Thanks all.  We went back to the Hot Springs dealer last night and are leaning toward the Grandee.

Have not seen or heard anything negative about Hot Springs....LAST CALL...ANYONE?!  :)

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:25 am »
PJC
the Grandee is a great tub, if you are comfortable with the dealer, the spa, the would be no question on this unless you are second guessing yourself....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 11:59:31 am »
I agree with Term here, you get what you pay for.

'Tis true most of the time, but not in this case.  They FLEECE you....royally!

Term

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 12:24:42 pm »
PJC
the Grandee is a great tub, if you are comfortable with the dealer, the spa, the would be no question on this unless you are second guessing yourself....

Ditto, far better choice than the Thermospa IMO.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 01:12:52 pm »
I hear you Term. just trying to be politecally correct, about a month ago i had some guy blasting me cause i was to harsh to a mater guy, even though he was talking out of his a@#%*&....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 01:12:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42