What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Recommendations for "Large" Hot Tubs  (Read 5257 times)

jcoggi00

Need Recommendations for "Large" Hot Tubs
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:27:59 am »
Greetings all!

Looking for recommendations on hot tubs for my wife and I. I am 6'6", 350 lbs and my wife is 6'0", 175 lbs.

I am hoping to wet test in the next few weeks, but was looking for any info up front on what direction may be best for our height.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Need Recommendations for "Large" Hot Tubs
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:27:59 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need Recommendations for "Large" Hot Tubs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:14:13 am »
I'd skip a lounge and go with a large well made brand/model like Caldera Niagara, D1 Nautilus, Hot Spring Grandee, Jacuzzi 365 or Sundance Optima. All those brands also have models with a lounge but I doubt you'll fit well in any lounge at your size regardless of anyone telling you how well that brand's lounge is designed (they're not designed to fit defensive linemen and you're bigger than them).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:37 am »
Welcome to the forum. At least you and your wife are both tall.  We've had people like you who come in and might have a spouse that is 5'4 that makes for a hard combination. I think you will probably want to wet test anything just to check on the fit.  I've seen a few loungers lately that seem to fit big people, but I'm only 6'1".
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:27 pm »
I'd skip a lounge and go with a large well made brand/model like Caldera Niagara, D1 Nautilus, Hot Spring Grandee, Jacuzzi 365 or Sundance Optima. All those brands also have models with a lounge but I doubt you'll fit well in any lounge at your size regardless of anyone telling you how well that brand's lounge is designed (they're not designed to fit defensive linemen and you're bigger than them).

Another large well made brand/model that I would check out is the Arctic Tundra by Arctic Spas. It was once an award winning spa for Arctic because of its design. It has a very large deep seat for bigger guys like yourself, while still incorporating some smaller seats for others. The Summit is good too, but the Tundra is a little bigger. And if you really really want a lounger, the Kodiak would work as far as the lounger goes, but the rest of the spa might seem small or tight to you. But I did have a guy your size buy the spa before and he loves it. I would try to wet test the different spas and that will help you decide as well. Good luck in your search.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

honeypot

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:38 am »
Hi.

The only way you will be able to tell if the spa is really for you is by wet testing.  I wet tested and then wet tested again. 

I'm 6' and almost 175 and I actually found the lounge in the Tempo to be wider and more comfortable than the much higher priced Hot Springs models.  It really pays to make a SPLASH!  8)

hp

vortmaximum

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:56:33 am »
At 6 foot and 225, my J 470 swallows me up.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 05:57:33 pm »
The guy in the thread above you is selling his used Maxxus.  Now THAT is a HUGE tub and you can probably get it super cheap (50% price) since it's used.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 02:52:56 pm »
I would agree with spatech on this, the spas listed are very good quality, good standing manufacturers. it would be a good idea to sit in them twice once to dry test the second to wet test, if you want to go with a lounger, find one long enough, you might lokk at the Bay series from D1 for that, if you go non barrier, look at D1, Sundance, Hot Springs , Jacuzzi. these would be my recomendations.have fun , enjoy the search, you might also check out spasearch.org....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »
jcoggio00 have you made any head way on a decision....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42