What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub with Power  (Read 4018 times)

MikeD

Hot Tub with Power
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »
Hey Guys,

I need advice. I am a weightlifter and I need a spa that has a lot of power, to help really alleviate deep tissue soreness, etc. I am trying to stay in a $6K-$8K budget range. Here is a list of the specs I am looking for:

- Spa with strong jet power, yet still has good hydrotherapy options
- 3 to 5 person (still determining size based on the budget. I really only need a 3, but if I can get a comparable spa at the same price with more seating, I am up for it.)
- Air jets (I would like a spa with air)
- Aromatherapy and Ozonator

So far, I have Sundance Capri, DI Triad II, and the Artesian River Ridge at the top of the list. I have removed Hot Springs and Jacuzzi due to less power. A Vita Joli was on the list, but I have removed it due to the recent support concerns. Does anyone have experience with these spas? Also, have I missed any good reliable brands that I should be looking at? I want to wet test over the next 30 days, but I don't want to waste my time. Please provide some feedback.

Thank you...Mike in San Antonio, TX

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub with Power
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Tub with Power
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:45:33 pm »

So far, I have Sundance Capri, DI Triad II, and the Artesian River Ridge at the top of the list. I have removed Hot Springs and Jacuzzi due to less power. A Vita Joli was on the list, but I have removed it due to the recent support concerns. Does anyone have experience with these spas? Also, have I missed any good reliable brands that I should be looking at? I want to wet test over the next 30 days, but I don't want to waste my time. Please provide some feedback.

Thank you...Mike in San Antonio, TX

You say you have 3 on your list and a couple you dropped due to less power but then you say you plan to wet test soon. What did you use to trim the list if jet feel is the key but you didn't wet test yet? It sounds like you've so far been making decisions based on spec sheets and that's not what you want to do. Let the wet test be your guide.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:54:26 pm »
Thank you. I have wet tested several of these several years ago prior to a recent move. I remember the Artesian and the Sundance seemed to have the most power, but I don't know what has changed since. I will definitely be wet-testing all again, but was curious in regards to opinions on power and if I have missed any.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:13:30 pm »
Thank you. I have wet tested several of these several years ago prior to a recent move. I remember the Artesian and the Sundance seemed to have the most power, but I don't know what has changed since. I will definitely be wet-testing all again, but was curious in regards to opinions on power and if I have missed any.

Personally, I think getting people's opinions is great but on things like the feel of the jets I don't pay too much attention as to who likes what because its such a personal thing. You've stated that this is the most important thing to you. Ignore horsepower (much of which is often exaggerated and maybe even fibbed anyway), fancy jet names and all the other things you're being told by salespeople and just get to the heart of the matter. Get your suit, get in the spas, close your eyes and let your muscles/brain tell you which feels best to you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:13:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42