What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 amore Bay`  (Read 5437 times)

spada2

D1 amore Bay`
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:17 am »
Hi all I'm new to this forum and to hot tubs. My wife and I have been wanting to get a hot tub for a long time but haven't been able to really find one we've liked yet or the ones we liked was $12K +.  We have 3 kids that will want to share some tub time so getting a small one that's more affordable isn't practical.  However I came across a seller that wants to sell her 2007 Amore Bay due to divorce and kids leaving for college.  I think I found a great deal but wanted some pro advice on it.  She bought the tub new in Oct. 2007 and paid $14,000 for it. She had the M-Drive replaced almost immediately with the new board (guess there was some problems with the first series out) and the motomassager board at the same time, other than that no problems other than a little rubber around the magnetic switches being weather checked/cracked but she is having that fixed for me before we get it. Long story short she came down to $4200 (started at $5k) for the tub.  This thing is huge so will work for the family of 5, I saw it still functioning as she still uses presently on ocassion so keeps water in it and maintained so it runs well and is very clean. Is this the great deal I'm thinking I found for the tub?  Are the Amore Bay's a great quality tub?  From what I've seen and read it appears they are?  Thanks for any comments in advance.  Glad to be part of the forum.

JS

Hot Tub Forum

D1 amore Bay`
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:17 am »

gadfly

Re: D1 amore Bay`
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:51:29 pm »
D1 makes a good tub.  That sounds like a great deal!  I would snap it up, before someone else does!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:30 pm »
i would jump on it , that is a great spa, its one of our best sellers.... for that price you cannot go wrong,, great family spa...very efficient, great company.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

spada2

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:36:03 am »
That's what I was figuring as well.  For that price I couldn't go wrong. A D1 Tech said that tub is worth in the $10,000 range being so new and the condition they knew it was in from their database so I'm picking it up tomorrow.  A lot of work but we're looking forward to it.  I have a question.  We live in upstate NY and the owner needs to drain the tub.  It takes 3 hours so ideally she should start today so it is ready to pick up in the morning but we're supposed to have a cold night in the upper teens to low 20's then back to the 50's tomorrow through the weekend.  We want to disconnect power tonight so it is ready for pickup in the AM.  If we had her drain 50% of the water (which is 101 degrees today) would I have a freeze risk overnight?  Worried as I don't want a frozen line that would need to be repaired but I have a tight schedule with 5 helpers tomorrow that I need to assist with the move as this is so large.  Any thoughts?  I believe these are very well insulated tubs...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:30 pm »
Keep the cover on and you should be fine overnight. I think a good estimate on used spas (assuming average condition) purchased from a spa owner (not a dealer) is they lose 40% of their value the first year (like a new car that leaves the lot plus the warranty does NOT transfer), about 15% the second and about 5% per year thereafter. Therefore if the spa has been viewed in full operation (very important that it can be viewed operating fully), the tech said its in good shape as you indicate and it was a $14k spa new then $4200 is indeed worth it IMO.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:03:03 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spada2

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »
Yes I saw it working.  Only thing was a couple of the rubber grommets around the magnetic underwater switches were checked a little.  The tech said he thought it was probably from alkalinity being too high.  She had a warranty call done today that replaced them all and she replaced a LED light that was out. She also just bought the new silver care vision replacement for me and test strips plus more chemicals so she is taking care of me that way so pretty cool.  I think it looked like a great deal and the rub is amazing looking.  very clean, albeit a little yellowing of some of the exposed plastic in a couple spots, the jets all worked great, etc.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »
congratulations. you will really like this spa,,,,enjoy it for many years.that is great she bought the vision cartridge, you need too replace those every 6 months when you drain the spa....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42