What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO2 error; Sundance Edison heating element? cost?  (Read 1892 times)

aquaman617

FLO2 error; Sundance Edison heating element? cost?
« on: July 18, 2020, 01:30:34 pm »
I have a six year old Sundance Edison.  I noticed a few months ago that I was getting a FLO2 error.  The FLO2 error would be blinking on some days and off others.  Although I read in the manual that this could eventually ending up causing the heating element to go, as it seemed like an intermittent issue, I ignored it perhaps a bit too long.  I tried some of the simple fixes, cleaning the filter, etc. and the warning would go away for a few days. I noticed today that the power was off on the tub and the water was cool.  I checked the outdoor power switch and saw that the circuit had tripped.  I reset it and the tub powered up for about 5 seconds, then the circuit tripped again.

I read online that a burned out heating element could cause the circuit to trip.  I connected the FLO2 error and the circuit tripping to that as the likely cause.

Has anyone experienced this?  If it's the heating element, any thoughts on cost to repair?  I am not at all handy, particularly where electricity, mechanics and water are involved, so I would hire someone to come service the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

FLO2 error; Sundance Edison heating element? cost?
« on: July 18, 2020, 01:30:34 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: FLO2 error; Sundance Edison heating element? cost?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:35:15 am »
FLO2 error is a bad pressure switch or flow switch.  Unrelated to the tripping of the breaker.

After that, you would need to start disconnecting things and then reset the breaker and see when it holds. After you disconnect a component and it holds, that last component is the problem.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: FLO2 error; Sundance Edison heating element? cost?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 11:35:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42