What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Geneva doesn't appear to be heating  (Read 2175 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Caldera Geneva doesn't appear to be heating
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:25:46 pm »
Hey guys...shocker tonight.  Went to add some water to the tub and the water was cold.  Power was on, ozone circulation pump was running but the tem was 56 degrees!   :o  I then powered the breaker off for a minute then powered back on.  When I put my arm in the tub to feel the water coming out of the circulation pump it did not feel hot at all.  Other than that all the jets work, lights up, everything appears to be fine but just no heat.  Does it take a little while for the heater to kick on?  It is set for 102.  I've had the tub since 1997 and the dealer is about 100 miles away and has limited winter hours.

Any suggestions for a technically challenged tubber??? ;) 

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Geneva doesn't appear to be heating
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:25:46 pm »

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
Re: Caldera Geneva doesn't appear to be heating
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:05:25 pm »
Had this problem a couple of months back on my Caldera moorea. It was the heater board, pull the service cover and see if it's burned.  http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12456.0.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:07:20 pm by rphman »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:39 am »
I'm not a fan of the clip system they use to bring power into their boards and have seen several failures on them. I've also seen the relays for the heater blow or the nuetral wire terminal melt at the heater board.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42