What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer changes  (Read 2244 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Dealer changes
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:29 am »
Well the CalSpa dealer went under in Denver...At one time they were the largest in the nation. The second generation just didn't understand how to keep the monster alive.

Rumor has it the mega marquis dealer is looking hard at the line...that will be an interesting thing considering the relationship.

Cal Seems to be a good spa line for us and really has been better overall than any of the other brands we've sold however, their customer service cant compare to Marquis. Then again we're a small enough dealer now that I'm not sure they really care about us....

Saga after saga of the spa industry soap opera "As the Jet Blows" or mabey we could call it "All My Hot Water"

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer changes
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:29 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Dealer changes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:10:49 am »
So Robert, have you dropped Marquis?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:31:46 pm »
Long story, we hadn't sold much with Marquis because the price points just didn't do well with the Cal Spa line. We never really got to see their new price point spas and never had any real info on them so we relied on the Cal.

When we did have someone really interested in an Epic he went to the Denver showroom to see one and our factory rep sold it to him for the Denver dealer in our territory. Things kind of fell apart from there....I don't blame Marquis, it was a business decision for them but the reality is in this economy, working with us was by far better than working against us. We've had several opportunities to sell a Marquis since but haven't.

I love the company and the whole Marquis crew but just couldn't fit the price points in this economy. Had they worked with us more on the entry level it might have been a different story. When you’re so close to a mega dealer you become more of liability when you carry more then brand.

When I worked the Washington state fair they seemed to do better than the Cal booth but part of that was the booth locations, the layout of the booths and the models we had in stock.

We feel that we where spoiled by the service dept of Marquis to the point that it will be hard for any other company to fill those shoes.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
Wow I think that was a real loss for Marquis.  I am not sure if my dealer continued with them either. I know he was considering dropping them for similar reasons. :-\
Support your dealer so they can support you!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:44 am »
I really think that their focus is on Europe, their own factory stores and really large dealers leaving the small to midsized guys on their own. I talked with several of those guys lately and they are all grumbling...

It's hard though to be able to pay attention to everyone when you've had to cut back on personnel so much due to the economy.

What’s worse is that many of us feel the same way about the service and customer service…we love Marquis people (even though we aren’t dealers) but find the management just isn’t what it used to be in the old days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42