What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No water through jets, everything else seems to be working.  (Read 2176 times)

harley140

No water through jets, everything else seems to be working.
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:17 pm »
I have a 2004 model Hot Springs Jetsetter that will not pump through the jets. The heater is circulating hot water and everything on the main control panel is working. When I push either the jet pump button or clean button I can hear a clicking noise in the equipment compartment and the jets indicator lights up but no water comes out the jets. Any help is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

No water through jets, everything else seems to be working.
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:17 pm »

Peteyboy

• 1991 HotSpring Classic - Tech since 1987
Re: No water through jets, everything else seems to be working.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:00 am »
You must be just out of warranty.

I would be testing if there is power going to the jet pump when you push the button. Do you have a jet icon on the display?

If there is no power to the jet pump, and you get the icon,  then you have a control box problem.

If there is power then it's a pump problem.

I would open the control box and make sure there are no burnt wires.
spas are electrical devices and can be dangerous to repair - please use this advice at your own risk

harley140

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:56:28 pm »
Yep, five months out of warranty.

Pushed the button and jet icon displayed, opened the power box and not getting power at pump, getting disappointed, figure I will need a new control box.  >:( 

As you suggested, opened the control box and started checking for burnt wires and loose connections, found none.  >:( >:(

Getting desperate at this point don't want to turn loose the cash for a new control board.  >:( >:( >:(

About a year ago we moved to a different house and had to convert to 115v temporally. Just recently converted back to 220v, about two months ago. Started checking all steps taken for the conversion. No loose wires, jumpers in the correct position, yes. Next step was to remove and reinstall the terminal block power jumper and BINGO all is well.  :) :) :)

Spa is now back in working order, thanks Peteyboy for the help !!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:56:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42