What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima vs ???  (Read 15111 times)

Thunderhead

Sundance Optima vs ???
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:36:43 pm »
I found a price of $9400 for a 2009 Optima delivered with cover. Looking to see if the deal is as good as it sounds and should I be comparing it with another model in the Sundance line or elsewhere (e.g., Hot Springs, Jacuzzi (sp.?) etc.). Would appreciate some input on the price and competitve models from the "Tub Docs" out there. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima vs ???
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:36:43 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Sundance Optima vs ???
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:25:04 pm »
That is probably a very good price, but I would comparison shop.  Don't just go with the first model you see - even if it is a great deal.   

Look around, then if it still is the best deal on the spa you are comfortable in, then go for it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:55 am »
To expand on Vanguard's point, once you've started negotiating, the price rarely goes up, time is usually on your side, but the Sundance Optima is a good reference point.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 05:33:29 pm »
If you have a local Marquis dealer, you might want to check out a model called the Euphoria.  I think it's a little bit more bang for your buck:

http://www.marquisspas.com/spa_euphoria.asp

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:07:10 pm »
I found a price of $9400 for a 2009 Optima delivered with cover. Looking to see if the deal is as good as it sounds and should I be comparing it with another model in the Sundance line or elsewhere (e.g., Hot Springs, Jacuzzi (sp.?) etc.). Would appreciate some input on the price and competitve models from the "Tub Docs" out there. Thanks

Prices really can vary but that sounds like a ballpark price but it also depends on what is offered in the package (steps, lifter, ozone…). Do a search on here and see what you find for Optima pricing.

To your other question, its always wise to compare what you first like to a couple others out there such as the Hot Spring or Jacuzzi brands you mentioned, just for piece of mind. You may find something you like better or you may find that the Optima was the right one all along. Either way you go that will only serve to give you more satisfaction knowing that you didn't shortchange the process by only looking at one brand.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:21:06 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Thunderhead

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:53 pm »
Thank you all for the good advice...I plan to wet test tubs this week as the offer expires over the weekend.  My first post on the site and well worth the effort.  Thanks to all once again.

new88

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 12:12:51 pm »
We just bought a Sundance Optima after alot of research and we love it. The price sounds good. Wet test it with other brands. We wet tested the Optima and the Jacuzzi 480 and the Jacuzzi is prettier but the Optima gives a better hot tub massage

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 01:14:49 am »
First, thanks for buying a hot tub!!!  Tell your friends to go buy one now as well.

Congrats on your purchase.  Sundance is a great brand and will bring you years of satisfaction.  Enjoy.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 08:44:42 am »
IMO, the Optima is the fabulous choice if you are looking for a spa without a lounge.  Its got four courner seating, great filtration system, may be the best electronics in the industry, the bearingless jets may be the most advanced in the industry.  The Optima model has been around forever and is Sundances best selling top of the line spa.  The price seems reasonable for my area.

Other Sundance spas to compare might be the Majesta which is a little smaller than the Optima, but on the same level or the Cameo if you want a lounge seat.  Since you are looking at 880 series spas, I don't believe you would be interested in the 680 or 780 series spas.

You might look at Hot Springs spas.  The Grandee is a little bigger than the Optima or the Vangard are my favorites.  The 400 series Jacuzzi spas are popular and are the same company as Sundance.  Good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 04:44:47 pm by tony »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:13:36 pm »
 Check out the Jacuzzi J-365 as well,little smaller than the Optima but less pricey as well!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:13:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42