What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Pulse Pricing  (Read 3169 times)

Thumper807

Hot Spring Pulse Pricing
« on: May 15, 2020, 05:47:38 pm »
Hey Folks,
First post here, been researching hottubs..... got a quote for tub, cover, steps, starter salt for Hot Sprint Pulse tub for $13,400. 2020 model I assume (need to check).  Thought I would check in here to see if that is normal, high, low.

Also, got quoted:
Hot Spring Envoy : $16,500
Caldera Geneva:  $15,500

thoughts?
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Pulse Pricing
« on: May 15, 2020, 05:47:38 pm »

Jag8

Re: Hot Spring Pulse Pricing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:39:01 am »
Pulse if you plan on having the entire family or neighborhood in the tub. Envoy if you are looking for a quality therapeutic tub that Can house 4 when need be.
Fyi, The Envoy is my absolute favorite tub in the industry.

Thumper807

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:20:34 pm »
Wet tested the Pulse, it was nice, but found myself staring at the Envoy, so good to hear good things about it.  Was also eyeing the Grandee, the dimensions are huge, but the water volume was about the same as the pulse (found that interesting).

As for the Envoy, is $16,500 decent price?  I must admit, I have a bit of sticker shock at the moment.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 09:56:36 pm »
I love my Geneva. Very comfortable and has been a great tub. Looks like you have a couple good choices. Envoy is nice as well. Make sure you like moto massage though.

ratchett

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 05:35:54 am »
As for the Envoy, is $16,500 decent price?  I must admit, I have a bit of sticker shock at the moment.

Hotspring keeps raising their prices ever year (even if they don't change anything internally), I believe I was quoted around $15k for that tub in 2019 when shopping, but again prices have gone up since then.   It should be noted that the Highlife series of tubs are also built in a different factory to a higher quality than the Hotspring Limelight series (internally things like a polymer frame, ABS basepan, full spray foam insulation, etc).     Even though the tub is more expensive initially, the Envoy is built to last longer (I'd personally estimate a decade or more extra but that's just going off what I've seen from other Hotspring customers).  Hell one of my neighbors is still rocking a Hotspring tub they bought in 1989!  Safe to say he's gotten his money out of his investment by this point hahaha.

I plan on trading in my Hotspring Jetsetter for an Envoy as soon as I finish rebuilding my backyard (the Jetsetter was more of an affordable introduction to HotTubing for my wife and I).

Naturally as a Hotspring owner and fanboy myself, naturally I'm going to vote for the Envoy lol
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:37:52 am by ratchett »

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 04:56:07 pm »
It's worth noting Rachet that Highlife prices didn't go up from 2019 to 2020 ;). It's more likely the dealer.  Limelight only went up 1%.

When they switch all the Highlife to the ABS frame they did go up by 3-4% across the board

To the OP,

What do you get with $16,500?  Does that include tax?  Or financing?  Some states tax rates are quite high, like mine here in AZ.  Our property and income tax are low, but retail is high (9.18%!). I just did an Envoy at that price, but that was before tax, but they did finance it.  I also did a cash deal around $14.5 with salt +tax... so it just kind of depends.  Depending on what you are getting, it could be good, or bad, but I don't know the details ;)

Thumper807

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 08:03:17 am »
Thanks so much for the help on this....
I have pretty much settled on Envoy, just want to make sure that I am getting a fair price (not much info on the web!).

@d00nut's question on what is included:
tub, cover, steps, starter salt, delivery and setup is included in that price so tax would be added and this was a cash price.  In Virginia, the sales tax is 4.3%, so I would be considering that in addition to the $16,500.

Negotiating a lower price and the inclusion of a cover lift w/ that price is what I was hoping to do, just not sure what a fair price is.  No problem with the dealer making a profit, but also trying to control my expense on this project.

Again, thanks for the info and any suggestions.

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 11:51:29 am »
That price is inline with what I sell the Envoy for.  Ask your dealer to include the CoverCradle and if they do you will buy.  Worst they can do is say no. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 11:51:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42