What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too Much Baqua Spa Sanitizer  (Read 7084 times)

icewoz

Too Much Baqua Spa Sanitizer
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:49 am »
I have a hard time reading those Baqua Spa test strips, and it appeared that the sanitizer was too low, so I added some, and now I have mildly cloudy water.

I took a sample to my dealer who is the one that confirmed that there was too much sanitizer in it. He said not to add any for at least a month, and I'd probably have to drain the water. I really don't want to do that, I only had fresh water in there for a week before this occurred.

Am I screwed? Should I just drain and restart, or is there something I can do?

Thanks!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Too Much Baqua Spa Sanitizer
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:49 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Too Much Baqua Spa Sanitizer
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 01:27:10 pm »
Add people. Lots of people. That will lower the sanitizer level. I have found that with Baqua, about the only way to get clear water once it is cloudy is to drain and refill. I tell my customers that with the high price of Baqua supplies, it is never wrong to do a water change.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:58 am »
First of all you know the cloudy water is from too much sanitizer, so the water is safe.  Is it just hazy?  Can you see to the bottom of the tub.  If it doesn't bother you and everything else is correct I would just use it.

Make sure your test strips are good.  If the top square (sanitizer) is white, it has no reagent.  You will have to replace the strips.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

icewoz

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:02 am »
The water is more hazy.  I can see the bottom.  I did drain about 8" of water last night and refilled to maybe defuse some of the sanitizer.  It looks better, but you can still tell there's a haze.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42