What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tub Waht products do I need?  (Read 3080 times)

AndrewB

New Tub Waht products do I need?
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »
Hello,
I'm buying a new tub and it will be delivered in about two weeks. Jacuzzi J-345. I'm getting cover, covermate 3, steps, premium ozone unit,deluxe start up suppllies and stainless steel jets. Delivery for 7,495.00. Does that sound like a good price? I was wondering what I should buy to get my spa started. I am recieving a spa chemical starter pack and am pretty sure I will need to buy other chemicals to get the spa up and running correctly. I was wondering if its best to polish the acrylic before I fill it and what product to use. Is a foam blanket under the cover beneficial? Is the filling prefilter beneficial? What other products would you recommend other then the basics Cal, Alk, chlorine and Ph Adjust. Could you give the names of products and best brand. My spa dealer carries Leisure time products but Online pricing is so much cheaper so I just want the best. Also does anybody know if the jucuzzi's mineral sanitizer product is the same thing as Nature 2s mineral sanitizer? If anybody can help I would be grateful.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

New Tub Waht products do I need?
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New Tub Waht products do I need?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »
  Let me guess Andrew you live in Bellingham?   ;)     
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 06:55:38 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

AndrewB

Re: New Tub What products do I need?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:03:53 pm »
What customer service you guys are everywhere. Ya, so do you have any good answers for my ?'s. I just want to have all that I need so when I get my tub I'll be able to get everything up and running. I know Dean mentioned that he thought the 1st Proclear mineral pack would come with the spa is that correct?
Thanks Jim

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:19:37 pm »
 You actually get 3 for a 1 year supply, as far as chems go you can buy online and save some unless you pay shipping.   And you want to stay away from off brands, of course you always get a 10% discount with us.  Bubble blankets do help some people like them some find them to be a pain. Feel free to call me with any other questions as well!    I won't comment on pricing pretty sure you got a good deal by looking at the contract!

Oh and welcome to the forum! JJ  :)   

96SC

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:19:08 am »
Get yourself a dedicated set of plastic measuring spoons.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:30:58 am »
Welcome to the forum, I usually recommend you stick with the brands your dealer gives you in the starter pack until you get comfortable maintaining the tub. Almost everybody has issues until they get their routine down, if you change around initially you don't know if results are based on your changes or your inexperience.  I've also found from people's reports here that the water out of your spout can vary differently from other people around the country and what works for you my not work as well for others.  Your dealer probably has a good idea of what your local water is and may offer free testing. Plus, we have a lot of experienced people here.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 03:19:01 pm »
I would stay with buying my chemicals from your dealer.  My dealer is 50 miles away and I buy my chemicals every spring when he has his 25% off sale.  He knows me by name and always expects to see me there.   Because of this relationship he has gone out of his way to replace a pump the next day when it went out.  When I needed new foam tubes for my cover lifter he was right on top of it.  Set up a relationship with your dealer...in the long run you will be better off than saving a few dollar by buying your chemicals on line.

AndrewB

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:19:53 pm »
Thanks for all the comments so far. Yes my dealer is great and has a great reputation in our area. The products that they carry are Liesure Brand and seem like a good brand to go with. So I will be buying from them. It's also great to support local. Does anybody wax there tub or is this a waste of time?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:19:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42