What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: on-line source for chemicals  (Read 10921 times)

just ducky

Re: on-line source for chemicals
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 09:11:38 am »
Last night a customer came in the store at closing time, brought his filter in for his Tiger River to show a problem with his water (Rust on the filter).

He had several questions about his spa (which he didn't buy from us) Then wanted a new filter and a Nature 2 cartridge but didn't want to buy them from me...he actually asked me if I knew of anyplace online to buy them cheaper!!!!!!!!!

Well I wouldn't have blamed you for giving that moron both barrels!!!   You gave him your time and expert advice.  The least he could've done was bought some products from you...at least at that moment.  Whether he continued to buy from you would be his choice. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 09:11:38 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39:22 am »
Last night a customer came in the store at closing time, brought his filter in for his Tiger River to show a problem with his water (Rust on the filter).

He had several questions about his spa (which he didn't buy from us) Then wanted a new filter and a Nature 2 cartridge but didn't want to buy them from me...he actually asked me if I knew of anyplace online to buy them cheaper!!!!!!!!!

I agree that this person is a moron!

I would have never done that. If this is the type of thing you see regularly then I can see how fustrating it is. Personally, I would have bought from you because you deserve to get my business since you took the time to help.

canecreek

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 11:13:40 pm »
I'd watch out for rhtubs.com right now.  I ordered some 303 cover protectant a little while ago.  It took over 4 weeks to get, with zero communication during that time.  I called them, and they finally shipped it.  Had I not called after a month, I would have never seen it.  Just recently, I ordered some diclor and a couple other items.  Again, over 3 weeks have passed.  I called after 2-3 weeks, someone said they would ship it.  Another week passed, no item, no emails, so I emailed them.  They again said they would ship it, but I still don't have it.  So two orders in a row, one over 4 weeks, and one is over 3 weeks and still waiting.

I'll be shopping somewhere else from now on, there sounds like some type of major problem going on at rhtubs right now.

Hate to say it but I've had similar trouble.  I got the Taylor K-2106 kit from them, and now need reagents. Trouble is I don't see one of them (R-0872) on the site so I emailed rhtubs using their contact link, and.... nothing. Trying once more.
Maybe I'll remember to call them during business hours. Maybe... :-[

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:24 am »
canecreek, looks like it's only available in 2oz, @ $15.95. I added it to the page of replacement reagents;

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/taylor-refill.htm

I would have gotten back to you over the weekend, but spent most of it trying to clean up left over viral damage to my computer (gawd what FUN) and also couldn't get pricing till today anyways.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

canecreek

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:46 am »
canecreek, looks like it's only available in 2oz, @ $15.95. I added it to the page of replacement reagents;

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/taylor-refill.htm

I would have gotten back to you over the weekend, but spent most of it trying to clean up left over viral damage to my computer (gawd what FUN) and also couldn't get pricing till today anyways.

Hurray! Thanks and I do understand computer damage. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 11:29:45 am »
I wish I understood it  ::)

I finally found a place online to get help, but have literally been working on it for a week (I'm REALLY trying not to have to reformat)! Things are slowly improving, but...

BTW, I'm pretty sure the damage was done by a website mentioned in the beating a dead horse section (there's mention of a virus on the site there). My AV stuff blocked it from actually attaching itself to my computer, but apparently not before it corrupted a number of files.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 11:46:03 am »

Well I wouldn't have blamed you for giving that moron both barrels!!!   You gave him your time and expert advice.  The least he could've done was bought some products from you...at least at that moment.  Whether he continued to buy from you would be his choice. 

I'm not sure I gave him "both barrels" but he did get atleast one! I told him that we've recently had customers buy Motors that were used but repainted and reworked on the internet that were sold as "new" along with customers who bought Nature 2, brought it into the store and asked if it looked used..it was, someone reboxed it and sold it as new.

I let him know that if he had continued support questions he might try calling one of the online vendors and see what they could do for him!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 08:39:11 pm »
Here's a retailer story for you, not spa related but something I'm going through at the moment.

We are redoing one our bathrooms we decided that since Home Depot and Lowes sell lower quality items we will shop at a tile shop and a plumbing supply store.

1st scenario - When we walked into the plumbing supply store/ kitchen & bath showroom we were greeted by a friendly and helpful person. She took the time to show us things and explain things when we asked questions. She gave us list prices and said she would discount the items by 30%. We are talking bathroom cabinets, plumbing fixtures and a shower base - we are talking some good $$$ being spent. I went on-line and found her prices were the same or cheaper than on-line sources. Because she was so helpful and nice, I was willing to pay additional money to have her make the sale but her prices are great!

2nd scenario - We walked into the tile showroom and was greeted by a not so nice saleslady, she was abrupt and probably rude; she was helpful but had no tact. We saw the tile we liked, ordered it, put a deposit on it and went home. After talking to my wife it really ticked me off that we were treated rudely and I went on-line to see how much the tiles we picked out were. I found that they are charging us more than 2X the cost of on-line. I called her today to discuss the fact that I found the tiles on-line for 1/2 the price and she flew off the handle with me. I tried to explain that I expect to pay more for her service but 2x as much is a too much to swallow. She said if you don't like it then I should cancel the order - so I said "cancel the order"; there was silence on the phone and then she said she would have to see if she could. Bottom line I am stuck buying the tiles from them (I thought I would be) but I am not buying anything else from them - they lost a customer.

The moral of the story is before buying anything from anybody know what it's worth and expect that service may cost more money than internet shopping. But the truth is it might not!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 08:39:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42