What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: deciding between - Coast Spas, Vantage and Sundance, Cameo  (Read 5735 times)

Spavictoria

deciding between - Coast Spas, Vantage and Sundance, Cameo
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »
Hi
 We are shopping for a hot tub  (our second).
these two hot tubs are fairly similar price wise - but different of course otherwise.
Our main use for a hot tub is for the therapeutic benefits, so extra bells and whistles are not important.
Any suggestions or comments on either of these hot tubs?

thanks - it has been 15 years since we bought our first and technology has really changed.

Hot Tub Forum

deciding between - Coast Spas, Vantage and Sundance, Cameo
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »

castletonia

Re: deciding between - Coast Spas, Vantage and Sundance, Cameo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:34 pm »
I am somewhat biased since I sell Coast, but they make a good tub.  If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

Ryan

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:03:27 am »
I am not familiar with Coas Spas, however, I am the owner of a Sundance Cameo.  Have had it 26 months and have not had any problems with it what so ever.  Well made, looks good, and most importantly, it feels good.  The lounge seat is my favorite, but loungers are not for every one.  It also has a great therapy seat that really works out the kinks in your back.  My only problem with that seat is the converter valve control.  In order to send all the water to the back jets, it disables the water flow from the whirlpool jets on your feet.  You can have both at the same time, just not at full power.  Only other drawback to the Cameo is that the filter is in the corner, which takes away a corner seat and gives you only 3.  Usually that's not a problem, but when we have friends over, four corner seats would be nice.

Other than that, I love the Cameo and would most likely purchase it again.  Or maybe I'd have opted for a Maxxus had money not been an issue.  Most important thing is to think about how you plan to use your tub, and then wet test.  Do so on a few models and then wet test again if need be.

Spavictoria

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:48:03 pm »
Thanks for your replys - we are going to see the beachcomber hot tubs tomorrow to see what they have to offer - have heard good things about them.
Sure is confusing with all the options and styles etc - not much to choose from 15 years ago.
We had a Pacific spa and it ran for the whole 15 years non stop with minor repairs each year.
My husband wet tested the Vantage ( Coast Spa ), Cameo & Certa ( Sundance ) and the 460 ( Jacuzzi ) yesterday - the
Vantage and the Cameo as I mentioned before are the contenders - price is the difference now.

Ryan - where are you located? If you are in BC what price would you consider a Vantage - floor model 2008 - with most of the bells and whistles (has basic plain unstained cedar siding). One concern we have is the remote control getting broken or breaking down - exspensive to replace. We have been given a price of 11,495.00, not including tax.  The neck jets are not positioned the best, otherwise the jets outsell the Sundance.
Dax - thanks for your input - greatly appreciated, we have yet to get a firm price on this model - again a floor model that had a sale fall through. My husband also loves a lounge seat and liked the Cameo one, but liked the Vantage better. It will more than likely come down to price - unless the Beachcomber shows us something better for less.

Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:48:07 pm »
I'm in Wisconsin.  Specifically, what options does the Vantage have and what model Vantage?

Spavictoria

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:34:26 am »
Hi
I believe it is the Elite and Luxury model - 2008  - does that sound right?
- two smaller waterfalls ( not that important to us )
- remote
- upgraded lighting system
- 3, 5 hp pumps
- 5" - 3" cover (I think)
- 50 jets
- ISO certified
- white "pearl" tub
- plain unstained cedar siding

It is the "factory" supplied tub with all the bells and whistles - as told by the salesman - and then he added that they got a good price as it was damaged and repaired - he showed us the repair ( fracture in acrylic ) and it was barely visible - not a huge deal.

Thanks for your input

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »
I will check the price when I get to work tomorrow.  Since there is a price difference, I would need to know if it is an Elite or Luxury.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:40 pm »
Thanks for your replys - we are going to see the beachcomber hot tubs tomorrow to see what they have to offer - have heard good things about them.
Sure is confusing with all the options and styles etc - not much to choose from 15 years ago.
We had a Pacific spa and it ran for the whole 15 years non stop with minor repairs each year.
My husband wet tested the Vantage ( Coast Spa ), Cameo & Certa ( Sundance ) and the 460 ( Jacuzzi ) yesterday - the
Vantage and the Cameo as I mentioned before are the contenders - price is the difference now.

You are being smart by wet testing and going through this methodically. I would personally give the edge to Sundance or Beachcomer over Coast but its your decision so go ahead and add in the Beachcomber as another option. I assume you already looked at other good options like Caldera, D1, Hot Spring and Marquis.

Take your time and make the best decision based on the idea that it'll be in your yard for the next decade+ so small price differences should be weighed in but unless its a lot don't let sometjing like a $300 difference play a major role in your final decision. Let each dealer know you're considering more than just theirs and it'll help you negotiate  a good price (everything is negotiable). Always remember that getting the right spa is the goal but you also want to feel comfortable that you're getting a good helpful, knowledgable dealer in the package too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:04:37 am by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42