What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 Sundance/Sweetwater Bahia FL1 question  (Read 9851 times)

bahiafan

2005 Sundance/Sweetwater Bahia FL1 question
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:38:28 am »
Hey all,

Have done much reading and searching on the flashing FL1 error.  Thanks for all the great info.  I see I may have a faulty flow switch. 

I have burped the system but haven't tried removing the filter and powering it down for a few...will try tonight. 

I do have an ozonator and it's running (getting plenty of bubbles).  Both pumps still operate.  No heat.  Question:  Is my circ pump good if I'm getting bubbles from the ozone? 

TIA...Dave
Proud Bahia owners since 2006!

Hot Tub Forum

2005 Sundance/Sweetwater Bahia FL1 question
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:38:28 am »

bahiafan

Re: 2005 Sundance/Sweetwater Bahia FL1 question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:36:42 am »
**bump**

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:15:59 am »
 If your circ pump is running you shouldn't have a FL1 error.  If its a flow switch issue you should get a FL2.

Does the little red light come on and say its heating?? 

Read this thread for more info. pretty much same equipment.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12379.0.html

bahiafan

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:15:39 pm »
Hi Jim,

That was the thread that prompted my question re: circ pump because based on the manuals description and what I read in that post, I should be getting an FL2 error, not a FL1.

Heater light is not lighting.

All 3 pumps are working fine
Good suction through intake. 
I've burped the livin' heck out of the lines. 
I shut power to it for a few, restarted w/o filter and still got FL1.  Put new (2nd use) filter in...same error.
Raised temp to 104 from 98 and light didn't come on, still same error although I'm not sure I did this sans filters.
Ran pumps with and without filters, same error. 

Sorta confused....

Dave

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 12:27:22 am »
 Might be a bad circuit board, kinda strange.  How long did you leave power off for?    Try 15 min leave filters out fire back up again.

You could alos open up the control box and make sure the connection from the flow switch to the circuit board are snug.   Its a small fitting that kinda snap locks into the circuit board, top left corner if I remember right?

bahiafan

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 06:05:16 am »
I'll check the connection (top right!!) tonight. 

Yeah, I powered down for at least 10-15 minutes or so and fired back up without filter in and same deal. 

One thing though is that I bumped up the temp again and the light did come on briefly then right back off and FL1.  Prior to bumping the temp, the control board was NOT flashing the error code.  As soon as I changed the temp, the heater light flashed on, then off and FL1.  This followed the 15 minute power down, no filters.

Thanks for the help...I did order a new flow switch.   Worst case is I have 2 good ones on hand.  Best case is it fixes it.  I should get it tomorrow so we'll see.  I'm just glad this isn't winter here in balmy Cleveland!  Tub hasn't even cooled off as we've been in the high 80's to low 90's for over a week!

Dave   

bahiafan

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 01:12:32 pm »
Flow switch won't be in 'till Tuesday. 

Everything is still running except the heater.  Now that we've cooled to the mid 50's at night and mid 70's daytime temp, the tub is now cooling. 

Any tips/tricks to installing the flow switch besides turning off the power!!! 

Thanks...(man we missed the weekend soaks...:(   )

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 03:32:39 pm »
 If you have some kind of clamps you can change it with out having to drain it.  If not you need to drain.

You also can just change the inside part of the flow switch without having to replace the whole thing.   Just make sure you get the switch part pointing in the right direction, flow should be left to right.

I am not so sure this is going to solve your problem but, I have been known to be wrong from time to time. :)

bahiafan

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:24:17 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure either.  It just doesn't sound like an Fl1 but thats whats flashing. 

Ok, clamps are doable.  I see the arrow re: flow so thats an option also. 

Thanks Jim...will update is a day or so...

Dave

bahiafan

Re: 2005 Sundance/Sweetwater Bahia FL1 question: UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:18:47 pm »
Received the flow switch this afternoon and after locating clamps and proper tools, had it installed in an hour.  Sealed the box and flipped the breaker and wal-la! 

I think the issue was the flow switch was malfunctioning OPEN.  Everytime I looked into the tub, the circ pump/ozonator was running...never shut off.  As I buttoned up the tub, put the tools away etc. and just checked again, the bubbles have stopped and the tub is at temp. 

So, alls well and thanks for the help Jim.

FYI, another thread started out as a discussion on "online sources for chems etc".  I did try the dealer for this part.  They don't stock them but their service trucks do and it'd take a day to get it in the main store (20 minutes away).  Their price was $95.90 out the door.  Online I was able to have it delivered for $66 or 31% cheaper.  I would gladly have spent $10 or maybe $12 more but $30??  To me, that markup is unreasonable especially remembering the online source also made a profit. 

Back to soakin! 

Dave

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 09:54:25 am »
 Glad it worked for you, strange you didn't the FL2.

bahiafan

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:33 am »
According to the manual, it'd be FL2 if the switch malfunction closed, FL1 if it malfunctioned open.  I think mine was in the open position.  Both errors disable the heater but my guess is my ozonator wouldn't have worked, or even a pump for that matter, if it had been closed. 

Anyhow, a soak in the rain this a.m. was nice! 

Dave

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42