What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover replacement?  (Read 2403 times)

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cover replacement?
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:13:05 am »
I have a 2006 J385 with a Coverplay coverup liftcover and an Ideal Spa Cover (the original stuff the dealer set me up with).   I have noticed the cover has been getting heavy.  Tonight the liftcover screws broke out from where they were attached to the spa siding.  I tried replacing the screws but some of the actual spa siding was breaking out.    Does it sound like I just need a new cover AND liftcover?  Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

cover replacement?
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:13:05 am »

mustbsoaken

Re: cover replacement?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:54:46 pm »
I had  the same  problem. Cover was from Ideal Spa Covers. In less than 2 years water logged. But they did replace it for free.

gadfly

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »
The reason you haven't been getting responses, is that this forum has moved to a now location.  See the "New Forum" at the top of the page of this section.

To answer your question, it does look like you need a new cover.  The lifter will depend on the damage to lifter.  You can try to ask dealer, Ideal, or Jacuzzi, to discount a replacement.  If not, find a quality replacement from a different manufacturer.  I haven't priced one for awhile, but $350 to $400 used to get you a good one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42