What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gecko SSPA Pack replacemet suggestions  (Read 4158 times)

CraigW

Gecko SSPA Pack replacemet suggestions
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:48:43 pm »
Ok, so several months ago I posted for troubleshooting help on my 2003 LA Spa with a Gecko controller. It had been working with an occasional trip since then, until this week. I opened up the spa pack and well, it's toast, literally! Looks like a component on the bottom of the board melted, smoked, etc.

So.....in my last post several people had recommended not replacing it with another Gecko. Any of the techs/etc on here care to recommend a new pack? I'd prefer something semi-drop in, so I don't have to do to much modifying.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Craig
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:51:31 pm by CraigW »

Hot Tub Forum

Gecko SSPA Pack replacemet suggestions
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:48:43 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Gecko SSPA Pack replacemet suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:10:31 pm »
The least expensive route would be another Gecko...What's the problem with the one you have?

You could drop a Balboa system in there with very little effort but you'll have to change the topside. I would use the M7 technology with the sensors right on the heater. Pumps, light and everything else should plug right in.

CraigW

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:51:08 pm »
What's the problem with the one you have?

TOAST!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:54:16 pm by CraigW »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:11:20 pm »
Yep, that's toast! You can change the Mini J&J plugs to AMP plugs or visa Vs....I'd be happy to help you with it if you want to PM me or email me.

Not going to be cheap but not hard in any respect

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:00 am »
It's hard to say if that fried due to a bad relay, or a bad connection at the heater just below the relay. In either case, it's really not the manufacturer's fault. I have gotten many years of reliable service out of them - it would be easier to replace with what you have.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

CraigW

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:24:03 am »
I have no problem replacing it with the same one, I mean it lasted 6 years, and that would obviously be easiest. Some others previously had recommended if I needed to replace it to go with something different. Problem is, I can't find the exact replacement, and my dealer's out of business (stupid economy!). Gecko has a cross reference table, and it says "Not replaceable, contact LA Spas".

If anyone can help me track one down, Gecko's product code for it is 0202-205110.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:24:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42