What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Marquis headrests  (Read 3555 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
My Marquis headrests
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:30:50 am »
I have noticed that the headrests in my tub are starting to grow mold and there is even a biofilm forming inside of the plastic base of the  headrests. I know they are removable, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can one of the Marquis guys tell me if the entire headrest pops off (base and all) or if just the inside part pops out? I was afraid to pull too hard and break something.  

Thanks,
Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

My Marquis headrests
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:30:50 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: My Marquis headrests
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:51:47 am »
Never mind..I called my dealer and was able to pop them off easily and then remove the base plate. I have to say, I don't like the headrests ...there was a build up of gross stuff underneath. :P I think the design was intended to facilitate easy replacement of the pad part of the headrests, but it really lends itself to a collection site for mold and bacteria. Now I will know to remove them periodically and assure that they are clean underneath....

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 03:01:54 pm »
The headrests changed from 2008 to 2009.  The 2009 headrest is a softer/more comfortable material.  I would reccomend getting the new headrests (they fit in the same spots).

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:17:08 pm »
I remember when marquis didn't believe in fluff like headrests. I guess they had to change with the times. I would rather have a hard comfortable molded headrest that didn't accumulate mold and bacteria from underneath. I guess there are pros and cons to both designs.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:35:21 pm »
Me too Gombo..I liked the old style Marquis tub without the headrests.  :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:35:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42