What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement Spa Covers  (Read 3413 times)

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
Replacement Spa Covers
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »
I have to replace my spa cover: it is badly waterlogged and very difficult to take on or off the spa.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I have been looking at a replacement from my dealer (HS) and at some after market covers.  Does anybody have any experience with the "Spa Cap" from SpaCap.com?  I appreciate any inputs or advice.

thanks in advance!

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement Spa Covers
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Replacement Spa Covers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:21:13 pm »
The Spa Cap is a nightmare.  Do a search on this forum and you will find an entire thread on how it does NOT do what they claim and other reasons to avoid it.  There is a dealer on here that sells some really nice covers as he gets a lot of cudo's when people buy them.  Search on Dr. Spa.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:18:13 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  I looked up the thread and read it:  that option is now off my list.

Bill

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:03 pm »
The Spa Cap is a nightmare.  Do a search on this forum and you will find an entire thread on how it does NOT do what they claim and other reasons to avoid it.  There is a dealer on here that sells some really nice covers as he gets a lot of cudo's when people buy them.  Search on Dr. Spa.

This is the path I chose.  I've only had the cover for about 5 months now, so I can't speak to its long term toughness, that will come with time, but the measuring and ordering process was easy, and I was happy with the delivery vs promise and how it looked and looks now.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:39:50 pm »

I think my next cover will be from Dr. Spa.

Has anyone used this place? http://www.spacoverbuydirect.com/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:40:36 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:09:01 pm »
That's Panorama Cabana in Kansas City.  They've been building covers for a long time and do a nice job.  I've met Mike a few times at shows and such and his GM has been to our plant.  Nice people.  Can't go wrong there.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:34:18 pm »
We have had really good luck with Cover Play covers also, we use this company for many of our customers.  I don't really agree with their numbers of what it costs per year, but they do seal much better than traditional cover do.  www.coverplay.com
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Eco_Spas

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:22:59 pm »
I agree, I have had great reviews from customers who have upgraded to the "Cover-Pro" covers. Heatloc makes them and there very good quality.
'GREEN' ENGINEER

Hubjeep

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:34:35 am »

I think my next cover will be from Dr. Spa.

That's were I got mine from, cover lifter too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:34:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42