What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: where to buy new cover  (Read 2970 times)

ready2tub

where to buy new cover
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:37:02 pm »
Hi there
I need to purchase a new cover, my son walked on it and it is cracked inside.
My dealer says to order a new one will be over $500
There are several internet companies that sell them, most at around $300 including shipping
Anyone have any experience with these internet companies?  Or recommendations?
Thanks
KB

Hot Tub Forum

where to buy new cover
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:37:02 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: where to buy new cover
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:25:58 pm »
I would buy one from Doc at:

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/insulate.htm

I've bought supplies from him for a few years now and I do plan on buying my cover from him when the time comes!

dahlilah

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:18:21 am »
I bought the new acculok hot tub cover about 6 months ago.  I love it.  It is supposed to resist water damage, has one of the longest warranties, am very pleased.  has also cut my electric bill down about $20.  If you want to check it out i think that the website is acculokhottubcovers.com

Hope you find one!

gadfly

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:02:00 pm »
...If you want to check it out i think that the website is...

From my perspective, anyone who would pose as a "buyer", to steer people to their website should be ashamed of themself.  I wouldn't consider that company even if it did what it claimed (which I doubt).  I notice that Shaamus is very polite in not pushing his product, here.  It seems to me that he deserves a shot, along with Dr. Spa.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:08:46 pm »
It is always interesting when a person's FIRST post pushes and links to a web site  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

dahlilah

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »
first off for the record I am not posing as a buyer.  I actually bought the cover, god forbid if people actually tell the truth these days.  I saw this list and figured maybe it would help someone.  I would never tell anyone where to purchase their products that is for them to decide.  All i was saying is that i have purchased this hot tub cover, i have seen a slight improvement in my electric bill, have the same sundance tub that i have had for years and it fits just right.  Was only trying to let people know that there is a hot tub cover that i am pleased with,  I am not telling people that the water will not ever go into the cover, I have not had it nearly long enough to be able to make a statement that would say that "this new technology" is actually able to resist this or not would just like people to know that they now have another choice other than what i have always boughten before which is the sunstar. take it or leave it.  but please don't try to say that i am some person on here trying to push people towards some product.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »
I would buy one from Doc at:

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/insulate.htm

I've bought supplies from him for a few years now and I do plan on buying my cover from him when the time comes!

I bought one from here about 4 months ago. Still looks good, but I know that isn't a fantastic recommendation on longevity, but its great so far.  I found the measuring information they provided easy to use, and the cover was delivered quick.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ready2tub

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:08:04 am »
Thank you to all replies so far!

I've been checking out websites for months now, and a couple posts here sent me to "Doc's" website, which I never saw when I searched "hot tub covers".  It is a very good site, easy to navigate.  I had already taken measurements based on what other websites required, I have just been waiting for the money to purchase!

I had written down 9" for my straps, and this website stated that most would be 8".  So I went outside and measured again, sure enough, 9", but that was to the bottom of the clip.  I'm thinking, well I better call to make sure where I should be measuring to, but went back to website and found a picture of where I should measure to.
Very happy with that!!!
Will probably purchase from here and will post about my experience if anyone would like.  And though I am a newbie and have few posts, I don't know any of you personally or will have anything to gain by what I have said in this post!  Just trying to make light of it all!
Thanks again
KB

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:08:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42