What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Towel Warmer  (Read 7184 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Towel Warmer
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:20 pm »
There's always a lot of talk about towel warmers. Well, I may have found something  :) and I think I can offer it for a better price (actually, I'm sure of it). Whatcha think?

http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=556985&cm_ven=Search&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Bidword&cm_ite=towel%20spa&gclid=COPxjdrm1JcCFQ8Qagodlw8UEA

Best I can tell, this isn't rated for outdoor use, and I'm not yet sure how many towels it'll hold.

It's pretty small;

Height: 12"
Width: 11 3/4"
Depth: 8 1/4"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:03:46 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Towel Warmer
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:20 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Towel Warmer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:11:59 pm »
I wouldn't buy one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 01:52:59 pm »
Personally, I don't see the need for one.  Doesn't matter how cold it is, when I get out of the hot tub and its 102* water, I don't need a warm towel to walk about 10ft to the house.

Apexeon

• Sundance Metro
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 02:02:26 pm »
Another option might be a "Medical Blanket Warmer".  From my experience in the medical equipment field these are NOT cheap but they hold a larger volume than the Brookstone model and are made to last.  You might find one on e-bay.  Cheap way is to tumble them in your dryer and draw straws to see who has to go get them ;D
When a service tech goes on site, he has two repairs:  He has to fix the equipment and fix the customer.  And fixing the customer is more important.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:09 pm »
how 'bout an electric blanket plugged in right next to your tub,
maybe even sitting on the ledge of the tub?   :P

Tanod

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »
It is nasty though if you live in Canada and are experiencing -21 temperatures with wind chills even higher.  I'm not sure about heating towels but I'd like to find a solution where to put the thing while I'm in the tub.

b1yvtk43

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:21 pm »
I do manufacture a product called "Towel Toaster" that does a great job on towels outside!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
I want something to put my towels on too.  I found this on line and it would serve as a place to put drinks and things while opening the tub, as well as a towel holder. In the winter, I am thinking you could just toss the towels in a dryer and then shove them into one of those huge HOT/COLD bags from the grocery store (they really work). Or even a cooler if you really wanted them to stay warm.

http://www.parpools.com/page/Spa/A-B_Spa-Bar-Stools.html
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:05:31 am »
Not only would I buy one of those in a heartbeat, if I owned a spa store here, I'd sell the sheeeet out of them! :)

Very cool....yet warm...  :D

Pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:25 am »
I ve been working on something and testing it out on a couple spas right now. Im just waiting for some of the patent work to be done.

bonnie0715

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 12:54:44 am »
Hi everyone,

I was looking at making some sort of outside towel warmer for the upcoming winter months.In the past I have put our towels in the dryer and then put them in a cooler that I took out to the tub on those cold winter nights...but I wanted to try something alittle better.

What I was thinking of was making a wood box...say 2x2 with a heat lamp inside..perhaps seperated by vented plexi glass so the towels dont lay directly on the lamp. Put the towels in and plug it in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 12:54:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42