What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard Heater  (Read 2887 times)

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
Vanguard Heater
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »
I have an '04 Vanguard.  The heater appears to have stopped working.  Current (1/2/09 - 1:00pm) temp is 92.5.  Service can not get out until Monday.  Will it survive the Michigan cold (30ish degrees for the high) for three days?

Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Vanguard Heater
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Vanguard Heater
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:17:50 pm »
You're sure the heater is broken?  Did you make certain your filters were clean?  

I know some might not like this way of checking, but as long as there is not debris in the tub, you will be okay for a little while.  

Take out the filter with the gray cap.  Power down the spa for about 30 seconds then restore power.  See if the heater starts to work.  IF it does, then you know you have dirty filters and it is time to clean and rotate them.

Not sure about the Michigan weather vs keeping warm till Monday.  I'd ask your dealer on that one.  I assume that since we're only in the second day of 2009 that your spa is still under warranty so if the heater is bad, you won't have to incur the cost of replacement.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:32:32 pm »
I did switch the Circ. Filter and powered down for 30 min.  No change  :'(.  

Also the local Hot Spring Dealer is charging $50 to come out even on a warranty call.  This is the first time they have done that.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:55:17 am »
As long as the circ pump is still moving water you should be alright until monday.  If you want to be sure, put a very small heater in the equip compartment on a warm setting, not hot.  Make sure to monitor the situtation until service arrives.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:57:03 pm »
Temp is doing OK.  It is at 84 degrees as of 7:30pm on Saturday.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 02:34:42 pm »
If you think it is going to get too low before they come, you can always run the jets on high. Keep the lid down. The temp should go up a few degrees, and the motor compartment will get nice and warm. They should shut off automatically after a couple of hours.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »
Made it with room to spare.  Only got to the low 70's.  

Turned out to be a circuit board that had to be replaced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42