What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying Used Spa-- 5 months later  (Read 3290 times)

newbiespaguy

Buying Used Spa-- 5 months later
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:35:04 am »
Just wanted to follow up with everyone regarding our entry into the hot tub world.
We ended up buying a slightly used 2007 HS Grandee that I personally picked up and hauled back to our house (about 4 hours each way!).  

We used the spa quite a bit the first month (August) and then as school began, weather cooled, and days grew shorter, we found it hard to get the time to soak.  I believe we have used the spa exactly 20 times since we purchased so that puts us on pace for about once per week.  Unfortunately we went from the beginning of November until right before Christmas without using it at all due to poor weather and busy schedules.

Now that the rush of the holidays is over, we are making more of an effort to get out and use it once or twice a week.  The stars are crystal clear in our backyard and very little light polution so it is very nice.  The evening temps have been in 20's and 30's so it makes it nice to get out........not so nice when it's time to get out!!  

The HS is a very nice tub, probably bigger and more than we needed.  We anticipated having lots of people over but it really has only happened a few times so a smaller tub might have been better.  But given the great deal we got on buying it slightly used (about half the price of a new one), I'm not complaining.  

Have not noticed any significant increases in water/electric bills.  Cleaning and operation is a piece of cake.

Just wanted to follow up since so many took time to "hold my hand" during the question period we had this spring about tubs and what to look for, which brands are best, etc.  We are glad to have the tub and just need to make more time to use it.

Hot Tub Forum

Buying Used Spa-- 5 months later
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:35:04 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Buying Used Spa-- 5 months later
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:46:50 am »
Thanks for the report.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

newbiespaguy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:28 am »
You're welcome.

And I should add, that even though we did not purchase from the HS dealer in our region (about 45 minutes away) they have provided top-notch education, support, and service!
One of the biggest concerns we had buying new or used was buying a reputable brand, so hat's off to HS!  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:03:10 pm »
And Hats off to your dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:03:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42