What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MASTER SPA LSX IS AWSOME  (Read 5791 times)

sam 1968

MASTER SPA LSX IS AWSOME
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:32:15 pm »
Am I missing something with the negative  vibe with Master Spa. I 've owned  my LSX for 8 month  now and could 'nt be happier. I wet tested the Hot Springs Grande and imo the LSX is far better hydrotherapy . I could have purchased either tub I choose Master Spa and I am glad i did.
                                                                                                        Sam

Hot Tub Forum

MASTER SPA LSX IS AWSOME
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:32:15 pm »

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Re: MASTER SPA LSX IS AWSOME
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:46:22 pm »
Welcome!

There are a few pepole here that has had good luck with them.  My mom has a Down East Spa, it's made by Master Spas.  She bought it from a local dealer about 4 years a go. She's still happy with it today.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:48:44 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:09:05 pm »
Most of the anomisity is directed at the company and sales tactics. Some of the people on this forum who have some technical experience might tell you some negative things about this, or other spas.  Keep in mind even the Ford Pinto has its supporters and people who had nothing but luck with theirs.  My Chevy Citation was a great car!  ;) Master has had some great local dealers over the years, including the one in my neighborhood which by the way no longer carries the brand.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:09:53 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

sam 1968

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:29:46 pm »
Maybe  in some cases their sales practices are not up front, they do have  imo a great tub and warranty. I did search the archives for persons that actually own a Master Spa and are unhappy with it and i came up with zero .I'd rather see  opinions from people who actually own a tub then simply right them off because they don't sell them or it's not there brand .  
                                                       Thanks ,Sam

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:20 am »
I'd rather see  opinions from people who actually own a tub then simply write them off because they don't sell them or it's not their brand .  
                                                       Thanks ,Sam

Sam - I'm not arguing with you, but I would like to expand on what you said. The fact is that I have read posts by tons of people who have said that they love their brand-x,y or z spa. Most folks who buy a spa will enjoy it - no matter the brand - and will tell you that they made the right choice. How could they do otherwise? Hot Tubs are great things to own! They shopped and bought it, and it is now sitting there bubbling.

But in reality, what you want to read is not what one person says about the one spa they ever owned - what you want to see are experiences from a service and repair guy who works on lots of brands, or even a dealer who sells against a brand or two.  Yes - the dealer likes the brand he sells. I would hope so! But keep in mind that a person who owns one spa is an expert on that one spa. Or at least they should become an expert on that one spa, after they have owned it for a few years.

Now - an area where a fellow consumer can be of invaluable service is in the area of reporting on the follow-up or after-sales service of a local dealer. Also a consumer can be real good at reporting the response if they had to call the factory to get some help.

Of course you need to get a feel for the person posting. I have had customers who had a problem with a brand new spa, and they wanted it replaced. I wanted to go fix it under warranty. They called the factory, and then posted that Watkins and I were unresponsive, and should be avoided like some sort of plague. In my opinion, their expectations were unrealistic, and once the spa was repaired, it worked for many many years trouble-free.

Just some thoughts - jump in anyone?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
Maybe  in some cases their sales practices are not up front, they do have  imo a great tub and warranty. I did search the archives for persons that actually own a Master Spa and are unhappy with it and i came up with zero .I'd rather see  opinions from people who actually own a tub then simply right them off because they don't sell them or it's not there brand .  
                                                       Thanks ,Sam
Would you like to hear from dealers who have sold them and are currently servicing them?
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:35 am »
Would you like to hear from dealers who have sold them and are currently servicing them?

To me it’s all about statistics.

When a spa owner has a spa they decide if it is a good spa based on their sample of 1.

A dealer draws his opinion of the quality of a brand based on many hundreds of spas he has sold and the service record of those hundreds.

If brand A has 95% satisfied customers and brand B has 65% satisfied customers I think we could conclude that Brand A has a FAR superior performance record despite that fact that the majority (65 out of 100) of brand B customers will say "I've had good luck with my brand B spa, its great".

I don't mean to dismiss any single person's opinion but in the end it is a sample of 1.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:07 pm »
                                                       Thanks ,Sam
With all sincerity, and my usual attempt at being impartial, I hope you are still here 3-4 years from now and have the same opinion.  Many of the sales practices have been outright wrong (rebates-not sure they still happen) I have a good friend with the exact same spa, and he too was very happy till losing it in the divorce  ;) The witch who has it now probably hasn't lifted the cover in 2 years. In my case, the fact that the local dealer stopped doing business with then because of their corporate business practices. That said, I own a spa that the dealer went out of business, both sides(factory and company) blame the other.

I truely hope you become a regular here and keep us up to date with your experiences.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 12:07:10 pm »

But in reality, what you want to read is not what one person says about the one spa they ever owned - what you want to see are experiences from a service and repair guy who works on lots of brands, or even a dealer who sells against a brand or two.

Chas, you know I respect your opinion, including this one. I would just add, consider the source and weight the evidence. This applies to about anything you would put money on.

sam 1968

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 12:28:23 pm »
Chas,

I Am not the hot tub expert by no means . If any thing I spend my hard earned money on does not met my expectations Im telling everyone and I believe that most people feel the same.I would rather my tub break down 3 times than settle for one that does'nt fit my needs .  
                                                                                                           Sam

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:09 pm »
I would like to just add that you can get bad customer service from even “Top” manufacturers.  I’m just speaking from my own experiences, enough said.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy you new spa!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 01:09:05 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »
I only have worked on Master and could not recommend them to anyone but as someone stated there is a percentage that will be happy.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:24:33 pm by Gary »
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 06:39:11 pm »
When a spa owner has a spa they decide if it
is a good spa based on their sample of 1.

Not really.

A spa owner of a particular brand may know other people, like
family members, friends, co-workers that like a certain brand
and those people would normally never have "an agenda" to
tout a particular brand as being superior to all others.

It's not unusual to hear people ask others
"hey how do you like your car???" "Have ya
had a good experience with that brand?"......

That may be only a "sample of one" but it means alot to
potential buyers to hear directly from other consumers with
no agenda.

You know if you call a Chevy dealer and ask them "hey Chevy dealer
whatta ya think of Ford"?....You'll most likely get a certain answer.

Plus it's not like a spa tech can be without bias.
Maybe the spa tech repaired a brand for years but that
brand has changed, improved and corrected past problems,
but the tech still holds a bias from the past......
"Well they screwed me back in '93 so they'll always suck".

I guess it all has to be taken in context...and not take anything
as "gospel"......each buyer shouldn't put total faith in the words
of one owner, one dealer, one salesman, or one technician.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:40:15 pm by Zep »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »
When a spa owner has a spa they decide if it
is a good spa based on their sample of 1.

Not really.

A spa owner of a particular brand may know other people, like
family members, friends, co-workers that like a certain brand
and those people would normally never have "an agenda" to
tout a particular brand as being superior to all others.

I'm not so sure we're disagreeing here.

When a person is shopping for a spa they canvas their friends and anyone else who may have experiences. They talk to multiple dealers and savvy people may even call independent spa techs to get unbiased advice.

What I was saying is that AFTER a person buys their spa and has it awhile they may say that their brand is great or terrible (or somewhere in between) based pretty much on their experience with their spa, thus the sample of one.

You may have talked to people before you bought to get any “data” you could when you were shopping but now that you've had your spa a couple years and you tell people that you like your Cal your opinion now is based on your experience since owning it. Another person may have the same spa and have a totally different opinion. Both of you are a sample of one.

I am [glow]NOT[/glow] discounting any single person’s experience but it is what it is, a sample of one.

I love the Chevy Astro van we have had for 6 years. I tell people how great its been, how convenient it is laid out for passengers and carrying crap around ... In the end when some magazine canvases a multitude of Astro van owners they may conclude it is a crappy model or a great one, all I can do is speak for myself as a sample of one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:56:13 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:39 pm »
"but it is what it is, a sample of one"

as are all samples....one person's opinion

and some of the "samples of more than one" have never
owned/sold/repaired the brand they trash, they just heard
"so & so had a problem back in......."

2, 3, 4, 5 techs or dealers on a message board
do not make a professional gospel infallible consensus

there very well could be techs/dealers that sware by
the brands that are not the "favored brands" on this site
but they are not posting on this site

you seem to want to downplay or dismiss a consumers opinion
as having less value but I betcha most consumers would prefer
to hear from other consumers on their experiences than someone
in the industry.

i know before I bought my boat I wanted to ask other owners
of that brand of boat and motor what they thought just as much
as the people selling the boat or the competitors selling other boats

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42