What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green Foamy Water HELP  (Read 14092 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Green Foamy Water HELP
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:17 pm »
 No idea what the Baqusil cleaner is, but it should probably be used with nothing but Baqusil product which is a hydrogen peroxide based chemical.  Not positive it wouldn't work though?

Your spa got a chitload of use and you probably didn't shock enough or at all at the end of the day??

You have to remember a lot of people means a lot of bacteria, which means you have to compensate with sanitizer (chlorine) to kiil that amount of batherload.

The spa sounds fine so don't concern yourself whether its the spas fault or not, it's not!   And for what its worth, no spa is maint free completely.

Try what I suggested see where it goes.

PS!  Don't drain yet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:54:07 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:17 pm »

miktra23

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 08:18:49 pm »

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:47:49 pm by miktra23 »

miktra23

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 08:49:42 pm »
it looks non foamy here but when i turn on the jets, it foams alot.

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 09:02:14 am »
Here's a thread to read that goes on about cloudy water, it wasn't quite the same situation you had but had a lot of good advice.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1219205519/12#12

I'm no expert but what was explained here helped me as well. In the end I ended up using a clarifier, scooping out the foam, super chlorinating and cleaning the filters. Now I have a clear, sanitized spa.
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 12:27:13 pm »
You have put so much stain and scale in that it may be making things worse. To be safe, I would start over.

After draining, make sure you filters are clean. I would even rinse them in bleach and water after cleaning them to make sure everyhting is rinsed out (also, did you purchase new filters when you got the tub?) and I would not used the baquacill filter cleaner either. Most Baqa products do not get along with other products.

Fill with a filling filter if you think there are metals in the water.When filled, check to see what the filter cycle is set for. The default on Clearwater (without a circ pump) is very low, with N2 and the use you are describing, you need 4 hours at each cycle (8 hrs total) If it has the 24 hour circ pump (this model, the St. Andrew if it is 84 inches square, the Pebble Beach if it is 93 square,no blower, just air  that you control with the knobs on top that mixes with jets, should have the 24 hour circulation pump, make sure the circulation pump is working and working correctly. It runs 25 hours a day, if it is not than it needs to be addressed) then dont worry abot the cycles. Also check to make sure the ozone is producing ozone they way it should. There should be a light (under the cabinet on the ozonator) if it is producing ozone. If there are metals in the water use a metal remover, not stain and scale, a true metal remover. Do not put the N2 in untill a couple of days after if metal remover is used.

Make sure to follow the directions on the N2 paper. This is the low chlorine recipe, which is dichlor at start and MPS after each use and dichlor weekly. If the tub is used heavy then you will need dichlor more often.

Make sure to keep the ph levels in check, and with many people using the spa a clarifier may be needed. I like Sea Klear all natural clarifier.

Foam can be caused by several things, swimsuits and body lotions are the biggest. Make sure everyone is clean, with no lotion, pperfume, makeup ect and theat a swimsuit has been rinsed extra well.

So have we all really confused you yet? I would check to see if the 24 hour circulation pump is working correctly first, I think it is because it would not heat right if it was not. I think you had many people and needed to add chlorine and did not, now things have gone crazy. It falls under Chas's Law!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:36:14 pm by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 01:16:56 pm »
I kinda agree with everyone including Steve...almost....

I think you should drain it however, you should take a sample of both your spa water and your tap water to the dealer and see what they find. I think you've contaminated the water with something and my rule is that if I can't get it under control in 24 hours (or at least see noticeable improvement) then I just drain it.

I could have been filter cleaner, something in the hose, how you add chems or anything. It's just not worth spend a lot of time trying to figure it out when most dealers have the tools to find it right away.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 03:39:19 pm »
Miktra23, I'd still try the "swirl away" or similar product to clean all the pipes out.  Since it was a used tub, you have no idea what might be in those pipes.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 03:39:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42