What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 59 degree soak  (Read 4913 times)

benalexe

59 degree soak
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:14 pm »
Since I had the tub since the spring I have not had the experience to go in the hot tub in cooler weather. Tonight it was 59 degrees out.

I have not been using the tub as much latley maybe once or twice a week.  Today was a rough day at work.

Got a glass of wine and got in the tub. It was a little cool before I got in and I realized that 99 degree water is too cold when it is 59 degrees out but it was really nice!!!!

I used a different seat then I normally do... One that puts my shoulders below the water line.  I may actually like this....

Any reccomedations on super warm towels and robes? For when it gets really cold?

Hot Tub Forum

59 degree soak
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:14 pm »

gwstudios

Re: 59 degree soak
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:18 pm »
My spa never goes over 100 degrees. I tend to get too hot quickly at 101 or 102 and end up sitting half in / out after a while.

My wife bought us a pair of very heavy white teri cloth robes from JCPenney. They are very nice to wear out and then put on as soon as you get out when it's very cold. We tend to sit around in them and watch TV for hours after we get out. You can also find a storage unit that will hold your chemicals and also has a heated section to store your robes and towels so they are toasty when you get out

White russians are a great hot tub drink too.

What kind of hot tub do you own?

I found a site that has a nice selection of spa robes as well: http://www.wittmanntextiles.com/100cotterrob.html?gclid=CKDO0rXd0pUCFRJdxwod4HvL7Q
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:52:28 pm by gwstudios »

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:44:10 am »
Those robes are really nice thanks.

I have a thermospas.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:00 am »
My spa never goes over 100 degrees. I tend to get too hot quickly at 101 or 102 and end up sitting half in / out after a while.

Mine never goes below 100.  When it dips below freezing, 102 is perfect for sitting for 1/2 hour relaxing.  I'm on the same latititude as Bene so our weather is similar.  All we need is a nice quality robe, that is enough to get out throw in some dichlor and get in the house.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:08 am »
Since I had the tub since the spring I have not had the experience to go in the hot tub in cooler weather. Tonight it was 59 degrees out. ?

This year I hope to break my record.  4 degrees F, not that girly C, is my record. It was a night with no wind at all so sitting in the 104 felt wonderful and you stayed warm enough for a minute or so getting out.   Any nights we have had that were colder than that had heavy winds.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:36:10 am »
It's been in the 60's at night in eastern PA this week, and I've used my tub every night.  Even a few times in the AM too.  Our tub is at 101* now.  Had it at 100* during the dog days of summer, and will boost it up to 102* in the winter.  Can't handle anything hotter than that.

Our tub is only about five feet from our door.  So I have no problem going out there and opening it up no matter what the temperature and wind is like.  Of course, I do have a terry cloth robe to wear to do so.  Upon exiting, my body is so warm that it's no problem to just get out and walk the few feet to get inside without any super warm towel or robe.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 04:10:28 pm »
Our tub is about 20 feet from the door.  We just wrap ourselves up in our towels and out we go.  We hang our towels up on the coat tree, exposed to the elements.  If it is snowing, we just shake off the flakes before using the towel.  If it is below freezing, we wear  flip flops so we don't stick to the pavers on the way in!  If there is a bunch of us, I will lay out old cotton rugs or carpet runners from Menards so that footwear is not necessary.  I keep the tub at 100/101 so that we can quickly submerge--then I turn up the heat another degree or two once we are in.  We never have a problem with the cold on the way out.  In fact, we all towel off outside to cut down on the water on the kitchen floor!  I have tried just a bathrobe instead of a towel, but it didn't absorb well enough and I hate being drippy.  I just want to towel it off and be done.

Remember, only roll in fresh new snow...
2005 HS Vanguard

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 04:53:45 pm »
 If it is below freezing, we wear  flip flops so we don't stick to the pavers on the way in! ..

Its just the two of us and the pavers are pretty clean, so we just wear our flip flops right into the tub and then set them on the side.

benalexe

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 07:33:13 pm »
It seems when I first got in I was a little chilly but as time went on I felt better.

One thing I did do was sit in different seats then I normally do.  I felt my upper body a little cool so I went to some of my deeper seats and felt better.

I may go in again tonight.  By the way the wine did not suck either.

stevewhosau

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
White russians are a great hot tub drink too.

Oh man, haven't had a white russiain in the tub yet (margaritas only so far). Thanks for the tip  8-)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 11:38:54 am »
Well, we have had 2 nights of frost here, tub is now turned up to my 104. My husband can not stay in long at this temp, but I love it. We have never used robes ect. We just wander back to the house and then towel off. At 104 and soaking for 30 minutes plus, they walk back is refreshing.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Tailhooker

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:30 pm »
Well, we have had 2 nights of frost here, tub is now turned up to my 104. My husband can not stay in long at this temp, but I love it. We have never used robes ect. We just wander back to the house and then towel off. At 104 and soaking for 30 minutes plus, they walk back is refreshing.
I'm jealous we haven't had a low here in South Texas below 75 since last winter and that's at about 4am.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:37 am »
I would love to be above 75 all the time! I hate cold! I love to look at fresh snow, from inside!

I was born in NC and I guess warm weather is in my blood. 2 years and all the kids will be out, our oldest wants to take over this buisness and we are going south. Be looking at places here and there online to get some ideas.

I will say tub use is better in the winter, if I move south I may have to look into one of the cold tubs that hdratherm makes!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42