What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: fair season  (Read 5734 times)

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: fair season
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 06:57:54 pm »
Hi Torchbabe and welcome to the site

I spent a brief time in the spa industry last year with a Hot Springs dealer.

If they will send you, take the Hot Springs sales training.  Its some of the best training I've taken and I've been to a few!!  

They take you through everything you'd want to know and more in a 2 day session.  I think the one in Minneapolis last fall had some sales people from Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and of course Minnesota.

Rest assured, you're selling one of the top spas out there, and Hot Springs sales support is also excellent.

hope that helps.  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:00:45 pm by golferm »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 06:57:54 pm »

gwstudios

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 10:37:35 pm »
People buy from people they like, plain and simple.  Make it obvious that you and your company always goes the extra mile if this indeed is the case.  Always find the information that they are looking for, no matter if it takes getting someone else involved.  Best thing you can do is LISTEN to the customer.  No need to sell stereos and loungers to someone who just wants a two person spa with a fair amount of jets.

Just my .02 cents, and good luck!

GA

You are absolutely right, I used to fill in for a home theater salesman on his day off at a place where I used to work. I started out by telling them I don't know as much as the other guy.

I would get all excited about my own home theater and tell them how cool it is to have family movie nights etc.....  When customers see you are passionate about anything, it makes a huge difference. I sold a few theaters when I worked there without knowing most of the features and I had to look up every price.

Customers loved me because I would always underpromise and overdeliver. If you own a spa and can share cool experiences, it can only help. If you think about it, people go to Disney, stand in hour long lines in 95 degree weather and pay through the nose for it. Why? Because they are there for the experience. It's really expensive and completely rediculous when you think about what you are actually paying for (I'm still talking about Disney).

When I first walked into the place where I purchased my tub, the one that I bought and initially caught my eye was tucked away in a dark corner under one of those inexpensive collapsable gazebos. They had the LED's changing colors and "Jammin'" by Bob Marley playing on the spa radio. The ribbon waterfall and clamshell fountains were going. After I grabbed a brochure and left, I was obsessed with re-creating that experience at my own house.

The salesman did a great job giving me relaxing scenarios and painting a mental picture of how cool it is to own a hot tub, and it worked. Anyone with passion can sell very well. If you can get your customers to laugh, it really helps break up the tension. Also, if a couple comes in, make sure you address the wife and look at her when you are talking. She will be the one you need to convince in most cases.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 10:37:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42