What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2004 Sundance Maxxus Price  (Read 6064 times)

greyshadoe

2004 Sundance Maxxus Price
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:26 pm »
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I did not find it on the search. A local dealer is offering to sell my wife and I a 2004 Sundance Maxxus, it is the model that you could use to do rowing exercises and such, and was a demo model at the main Sundance facility for the last few years. He said it has never been in a clients home, but was filled with water and demonstrated the exercise equipment. It will come with a 2 year manufacturer and one year dealer warrenty, for a total of 3 years. The price is $7900, we also get 4 ' wood stairs, delivery + installation, cover, first monthes chemicals. They are going to sell us a cover lifter for 1/2 price($140). We saw a few places online were people had bought a new one in 2004 for around $7000, so we are concered we are over-paying. We are looking at this model because of how deep and open it is.

Does anyone know what the original msrp on this model of Maxxus was in 2004 or at least what they sold for?  Has anyone used the sport accessories?  Do you like them?

Thanx for reading ::)

Hot Tub Forum

2004 Sundance Maxxus Price
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:26 pm »

Tailhooker

Re: 2004 Sundance Maxxus Price
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:00:12 pm »
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I did not find it on the search. A local dealer is offering to sell my wife and I a 2004 Sundance Maxxus, it is the model that you could use to do rowing exercises and such, and was a demo model at the main Sundance facility for the last few years. He said it has never been in a clients home, but was filled with water and demonstrated the exercise equipment. It will come with a 2 year manufacturer and one year dealer warrenty, for a total of 3 years. The price is $7900, we also get 4 ' wood stairs, delivery + installation, cover, first monthes chemicals. They are going to sell us a cover lifter for 1/2 price($140). We saw a few places online were people had bought a new one in 2004 for around $7000, so we are concered we are over-paying. We are looking at this model because of how deep and open it is.

Does anyone know what the original msrp on this model of Maxxus was in 2004 or at least what they sold for?  Has anyone used the sport accessories?  Do you like them?

Thanx for reading ::)
Don't buy without wet testing first, regardless of the deal, it could be the best deal in the world and you may not like how it feels.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:45:37 pm »
Although I don't own a Sundance I would think this price is a little steep.

Pricing really varies depending on where you live and I doubt that the Maxxus sold in a lot of places for $7000 ... I was looking at a Sundacnce Optima back in 2004 and I believe it was selling for over $8,000 in New Jersey.

Paying $7900 for a 3 year old "new" tub with a lesser warranty just doesn't seem right. I would imagine for that price or a little more there are a lot of new tubs with longer warranties available.

Maybe a Sundance dealer can chime in but personally I wouldn't buy it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:46:27 pm by Vinny »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:52:43 am »
Is it used or blemished?

Because if it is new, it should still have the 5 year warranty on it.

greyshadoe

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:47:41 pm »
Well it was used as a demo model at the factory. So I think they are saying it is used. The main reason we are buying a hot tub right now is we currently have a dog in swim therapy, and it would cost us less to buy a hot tub and swim her at home, then to continue at the rehab center. Plus we would be able to benifit from the hot tub ourselves and expand her swimming from 3x to 5x a week. And currently this tub is the only one we have come a across the is open enough and big enough to allow the dog to swim. We tried a 98 HS Grandee and it was just a little bit too small she was catching her paws on the seat as she swam.

stevewhosau

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »
grey,

I wanted to chime in that I bought a new 2008 Maxxus for 1100 more than that price (a few months ago). Of course everything was included at that price as well....except tax. The Maxxus comes with a cover lifter due to its size.

Hope this helps you see things a little more clearly,
trippn

P.S. I'm not sure about the dog thing or pets in general in tubs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:52:28 pm by trippn »

greyshadoe

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:29 am »
trippn May I ask were you you live, and if you bought it from the dealer, or if it was at an event?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:48:14 am by greyshadoe »

stevewhosau

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:04 pm »
We live East of Arizona and South of Colorado  ::) Yep, from a Sundance dealer...not at an event or fair.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42