What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Other Brands  (Read 7245 times)

Tranquil

Re: Other Brands
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 01:08:15 pm »
Thanks Kimbo but sorry to disappoint, it's a Hot spring summit. I have emailed Artic as to whether there is a more local dealer and am waiting a reply. Come on you HS dealers any thoughts, and what should I look for specifically on a used spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 01:08:15 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »
Thanks Kimbo but sorry to disappoint, it's a Hot spring summit. I have emailed Artic as to whether there is a more local dealer and am waiting a reply. Come on you HS dealers any thoughts, and what should I look for specifically on a used spa.

LOL, two spa makers using the same model name. That confusion happens from time to time.

Often times used spas come from previous owners and in those cases you have to be VERY aware that they are fully operational so you're not getting somone elses headache. Since its coming from a dealer with a 1 year warranty that's obviously less of an issue so I think you need to worry about the same things people worry about when buying new: is the layout right for you (will it fit/feel good), is it a quality made product, is the price right and obviously with that 1 year warranty does the dealer seem like they'll be there for you after the sale...  

Is this a spa you'd consider buying new where you just happened to stumble upon an opportunity to get a used one (there's certainly nothing wrong the $$ saved on a used model)?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:30:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 01:33:33 pm »

Woops!! That sure makes me look silly!! ;D

The HS Summit must be a Euro model. Never knew that HS has a Summit model. I am pretty certain they don't offer a Summit model in the US, so it must just be available over seas. Sorry for the confusion Tranquil! :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:51:56 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tranquil

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 04:20:12 pm »
No problem, it would appear to be the HS Vista in the US. Forgot to mention they also had a Tiger River Caspian about $2000 less than the used Summit(Vista). Complete with steps cover lifter and I think the lighting option. Did not wet test it as was dry but did sit it and thought it seemed OK. Still trying to decide whether we want a lounger or not but as I said there are not many to wet test here so difficult. How much difference in quality between the HS ranges. I don't mean quantity of jets, rather build and components.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 11:24:27 am »
Tiger River and Hot Spring use the same components.  Only differences are some jets only on HS, different filtration system and different color options.

If the Summit was a demo and never owned by another consumer it would have a longer warranty in US.  Check w/ your dealer.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Guelphgirl

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 08:31:02 pm »
Re: Lounger/no lounger

If any women will be using tub regularly, make sure they wet test with you. Many (maybe even most) women tend to float out of loungers.

Tranquil

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »
Thanks Guelphgirl, we have just got back from trying a Limelight Flair and some others(all HS) and my wife found exactly that and I also did not find the loungers that comfortable so now thinking non lounger. So at the moment Tiger River Caspian is front runner, but tempted to have a look at these QCA things just for comparison.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42