What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: It's about time...  (Read 6652 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: It's about time...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:09 pm »
I am glad you found a Clearwater dealer willing to accomodate you. My personal tub is the Orlando. I love to go in the power seat(left front corner) and then after 20 minutes go over to the reclining seats. I have switched some jets around so my power seat in the corner really blasts me, then relax in the other.

Keep trying tubs. The Clearwater Monoco has a lounge that most do not float out of. Also new this year is the Monte Carlo, a very impressive round tub with some great therapy seats.(not shown on their website yet)

Keep trying, you will find the tub you like!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:09 pm »

Calypso

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 09:13:01 pm »
Keep on searching and you will find one that works. My wife loved almost every tub but they did not fit me. We loved the Jets in the Jacuzzi, Arctic was great too and sundance was reasonably priced for the quality but they did not fit right. We settled on Pacific spas because it was 41" deep, had long seats that you could semi lounge in and the foot dome and sports therapy package was great. Web site is:

http://www.pacificspas.ca/index.htm

You can punch in your zip or postal code to check for dealers. To me fit was the most important, Jets next and the service was a close third. Keep up the searching and you will find one. Where else can you be treated like royalty and get a free soak in a hot tub. The hot tub dealers are amongst the friendliest people on the planet. Kudos to all the dealers for making all of of us first time buyers feel welcome.  :)

BTW we bought the Calypso if you did not know which one.  :D
2007 Pacific Calypso

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 09:39:22 pm »
Now that I have owned a hot tub for awhile I found that what was important to me while I was looking is different after ownership.

Things like:

Powerful jets and diverter valves. At first I would use the diverter valves to throw the full force into the seat I was sitting in. I often got a little bruising and found that more is not always better. I run my jets with the diverter valves in the middle and I hardly ever touch them. Most of the time I do it to impress friends in the tub.

I thought I would need 7 seats for all the wild parties. 99% of the time I soak alone or with my wife only. Three is the most I have had in the tub at one time. I find that the diameter of a 7 seater is nice. I like to stretch out.

I thought floating was a bad thing, now I live for it. I like to put my head on a corner pillow and take in a deep breath. I float with my feet in one corner and head in the other. I suspend myself over the center volcano jet and find the weightlessness very relaxing.

I thought I needed a stereo, wife likes it but I do not. I like the relaxing sound of the waterfall with the light show.

I thought I would not use it during the hot summer months. When it is 112 degrees outside 101 degree water feels great.

What I find is important now is deep seats and nice feeling jets, I'm happier now with my J-470 then when I bought it or I just got use to it. Don't know but if I had it to do over I think I would have ended up right where I am now. In hot water.....

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:56 pm »
Keep on searching and you will find one that works. My wife loved almost every tub but they did not fit me. We loved the Jets in the Jacuzzi, Arctic was great too and sundance was reasonably priced for the quality but they did not fit right. We settled on Pacific spas because it was 41" deep, had long seats that you could semi lounge in and the foot dome and sports therapy package was great. Web site is:

http://www.pacificspas.ca/index.htm

You can punch in your zip or postal code to check for dealers. To me fit was the most important, Jets next and the service was a close third. Keep up the searching and you will find one. Where else can you be treated like royalty and get a free soak in a hot tub. The hot tub dealers are amongst the friendliest people on the planet. Kudos to all the dealers for making all of of us first time buyers feel welcome.  :)

BTW we bought the Calypso if you did not know which one.  :D

Calypso--

Actually, my husband has been eyeing up the Calypso for a while, but last time I called our local dealer, he only had one small spa to look at.  I told hubby to call again...
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 12:42:16 pm »
Now that I have owned a hot tub for awhile I found that what was important to me while I was looking is different after ownership.

Things like:

Powerful jets and diverter valves. At first I would use the diverter valves to throw the full force into the seat I was sitting in. I often got a little bruising and found that more is not always better. I run my jets with the diverter valves in the middle and I hardly ever touch them. Most of the time I do it to impress friends in the tub.

I thought I would need 7 seats for all the wild parties. 99% of the time I soak alone or with my wife only. Three is the most I have had in the tub at one time. I find that the diameter of a 7 seater is nice. I like to stretch out.

I thought floating was a bad thing, now I live for it. I like to put my head on a corner pillow and take in a deep breath. I float with my feet in one corner and head in the other. I suspend myself over the center volcano jet and find the weightlessness very relaxing.

I thought I needed a stereo, wife likes it but I do not. I like the relaxing sound of the waterfall with the light show.

I thought I would not use it during the hot summer months. When it is 112 degrees outside 101 degree water feels great.

What I find is important now is deep seats and nice feeling jets, I'm happier now with my J-470 then when I bought it or I just got use to it. Don't know but if I had it to do over I think I would have ended up right where I am now. In hot water.....

Scott  8-)

Scott--

I keep asking hubby why we actually need a 6-7 person spa, I know for company, it will be nice, but we don't throw many shindigs.  Maybe a spa will get me into more entertaining.  (I would love it!!!)  

I know I would like and use the stereo option.  It still seems unfathomable that 101 degrees would feel comfy in 118 degree weather!! OUCH!  When we tested the Tundra, the water was 103, and hot!  We couldn't stay in it long.  

Well, after a wedding this Friday, maybe we can wet test Saturday--hubby wants to go biking first--I will need a spa baaaddd!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »

I keep asking hubby why we actually need a 6-7 person spa, I know for company, it will be nice, but we don't throw many shindigs.  

When we tested the Tundra, the water was 103, and hot!  We couldn't stay in it long.  

1) It may be called a 6-7 person spa but you won't get 6-7 people in that comfortably. Typically, a spa described as a 6-7 person spa is comfortable with 4 to 5 people in it. For that reason I think you always lean on the bigger side of what you think you need.

2) I can't understand why a dealer would have a showroom wet test spa set at 103º. You'd think they'd be wise enough to have it at a more neutral 100º or even 101º.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:38:35 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cameron07

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 02:16:20 pm »
We normally keep ours at 98-99 degrees and it is great. Sure the 103 feels great when you get in, but once you start sweating its not fun anymore. We can soak for hours at 99 and feel very comfortable.

We soak almost daily with just the two of us, but about once a week or so we entertain other couples. Usually for a total of four, but on occasion have six people. It's a lot of fun and a great way to break the ice.

Happy Soaking

Calypso

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 10:45:44 pm »

Calypso--

Actually, my husband has been eyeing up the Calypso for a while, but last time I called our local dealer, he only had one small spa to look at.  I told hubby to call again...

Where are you from? The pacific spa plant is not too far from my home. I would talk to the dealer as the plant may work out a deal to move 2007 models to your dealer at a very reasonable price.

It never hurts to try one more spa. Is there a dealership farther away from you that you can go to on a mini vacation and try the Calypso. Do you like/trust the local Pacific spas dealer?

Good luck
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:46:20 pm by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

wewannahottub

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 01:42:16 pm »
Calypso-

We are in the Pittsburgh, PA area.  There is one dealer in Apollo, PA, which isn't too far from us.  Other than them, I don't know where the next dealer would be; I tried searching for many zip codes, even out of state.

We'll have to give them a call.  SO far our only delays in dealers getting tubs, is seems everyone needs a full truck load or share a load because of the price of gas, and that can make everything run behind, no biggie, I understand.  Plus, I am not in a major rush to get one, though I should, my upper back was kiling me the past 2 nights lifting and turning heavy patients.  

I'll have to try to schedule some wet tests between the Clearwater Orlando, and see what the Pacific guy has.  I am still hooked on Arctic, though.

Well, time will tell.

Back to bed for night turn--- [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Calypso

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57:40 pm »
Calypso-

I'll have to try to schedule some wet tests between the Clearwater Orlando, and see what the Pacific guy has.  I am still hooked on Arctic, though.

We also liked the Arctic but it just did not fit us as well and was noisier. We loved the jets in the Arctic. If the Arctic is the one that fit the best then that is your spa. We were impressed with the quality of Arctic and wanted a salt water system which was only available in the Pacific and Arctic spas.

It is now 4 months with the saltwater system and our water is excellent. The water balance is stable except for slow rises in Ph. We have not shocked the water since May 19 and the bromine has remained at a constant 3 ppm. If you decide on the Arctic get the Onzon (sp) system.

Good luck and keep us informed on your quest for the holy grail  :)
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42