What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tubs - making aging sports players young again  (Read 3501 times)

Calypso

Hot tubs - making aging sports players young again
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:10:51 am »
It was another grueling soccer game last night. The beer afterwards helped a little bit but what I really needed was the hot tub with full jets. On the way home I could see the lightning coming and thought damn it better not be heading my way I need that soak.

I arrived home poured myself a nice single malt scotch, for medicinal purposes only  :), and headed for the tub. It was a hot day so the tub had warmed to 102. Just as I got in the tub the heavy rain started which was a nice cool down for the head (had to protect the scotch though).

Ten minutes into the soak the lightning started to head my way. After twenty minutes or so I thought it is time to go in before I get fried. At least I managed to squeeze the circuit in and the body definately felt YOUNG again.

How many others out there find that they are still able to pretend they are young again because they know there is a hot tub waitng for them at home after sports, skiing, hiking etc?
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tubs - making aging sports players young again
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:10:51 am »

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
Re: Hot tubs - making aging sports players young a
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36:20 am »
Not there yet, but this is one of the main reasons I am buying a hot tub, as I get older I feel more of a need for it and I don't want to give up hockey, baseball, volleyball and golf.
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:32 am »
I do TaeKwonDo.  After every training session, I'm in the hot tub.  Don't feel as sore in the AM when I wake up.

Calypso

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:07:20 pm »
I do TaeKwonDo.  After every training session, I'm in the hot tub.  Don't feel as sore in the AM when I wake up.

With the various massaging jets I also combine stretching of the muscle groups in the legs shoulders and back and this definately eliminates any soreness the next morning.

2007 Pacific Calypso

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:13:18 am »
I always soak before and after a round of golf. Some rounds turn into 27 or 36 holes. Soaking before helps me loosen up and my spa is my favorite 19th, 28th or 37th hole. ;D

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:15:19 am »
I find soaking after a serious day of shopping is also VERY pleasant!! ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:17:41 am by kacrab10 »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:06:58 am »
I find a good soak after my Wii Fit workout very helpful ;D ;D..Seriously, the Wii Fit is pretty cool..but my tub has saved me from the pains of heavy duty yardwork. It has taken me months, but I have broken down my old fish pond and reconstructed it. I enlarged and deepened the pond and  built a very crude stone retaining wall and am currently working on placing slate around one side of the pond to walk on. I am totally amazed at how much easier it was 20 years ago.  :o  ;DI know I would have given in to the muscle pain and strain if not for the tub recharging me. Yes, the tub has definately been a blessing.

I will share my BEST therapy idea though..It is the cool swim in the pool, warm soak, cool swim, warm soak...This truely is awesome for relaxing stressed muscles and it seems to energize you. My son started doing this last summer and I was still hitting the pool after the water cooled into the low 70s..the colder the pool, the better ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:06:56 am »
I will share my BEST therapy idea though..It is the cool swim in the pool, warm soak, cool swim, warm soak...
The Canadian winter version is "warm soak, roll in the snow, warm soak..." :D

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 12:11:22 pm »

I can hardly wait... ;)
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Calypso

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 01:34:32 pm »

In Canada we scrape the snow off the fields, play our sports and then go soak in the hot tub to cool down.   ;D

2007 Pacific Calypso

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 01:50:14 pm »
Sorry, Tom but it doesn't have the same effect. That is basically a shock to the system.

Seriously, the cool water, warm water therapy is supposed to boost your immune system and according to others on here, was used by the ancients as a therapy. My son has done the roll in the snow thing..I don't see any positive effects of that...but with the pool, you are ready to return once you start sweating in the tub. I think it is really amazing and enhances the spa experience...Hey I feel 20 years younger  ;)

Support your dealer so they can support you!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 12:38:29 pm »
Seriously, the cool water, warm water therapy is supposed to boost your immune system and according to others on here, was used by the ancients as a therapy.

I can vouch for that, Boni.  After windsurfing in cooler fall/winter/spring water, there's nothing better than a great hot tub soak unless, of course, it is a great hot tub soak with a martini!  Sometimes we'll soak in our wet suits then go back for another surfing session... 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 02:46:04 pm »
Yup.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 02:46:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42