What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Information on Hot tubs around 7500 dollars  (Read 5575 times)

starsky

Information on Hot tubs around 7500 dollars
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »
I have been reading posts for awhile now and thought I would take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here. I live in Austin and as far as I know, my choices other than Morgan and Life Spas of Texas are Jacuzzi, Coleman D1, Hot springs and Artesian.

I have wet tested the J375 and while I was there jumped in the 480 for fun. I have wet tested the Coleman 781 on the same day. I have yet  to wet test any other spa to this point. A little background..I had a 97 Sundance Maxim that I bought used in 1998 and have had up until a year ago. While it was reliable and okay, I didnt think the jets were powerful enough. I don't have a sundance dealer in Austin anymore to see what advances they have made in 10 yrs.

I wish I had a recorder when I first visited Jacuzzi initially to get some information. I could have swore I was told I could get in the J375 for around 7500 with steps, cover, lifter and ozonator. When I went back to wet test, I was told it was $9800 bottom dollar. I could be wrong, thats why I wish I had a recorder. Anyhoo, I really liked the J375. The Coleman 781 with thermopanel was 7800 with the platinum package and steps, cover, lifter, delivery, ozonator. But the collar and neck massage at least in the show room, was splashing water out a LOT. He said he over filled it, but it seemed pretty sloppy. The "queen" seat was hard for me to sit in..the "King" seat was good but thats were the water was pouring out on the floor.. The lounge was okay.

I understand there is a real nice Jacuzzi dealer on this site who might be able to tell me if that 7500 I thought I heard was impossible or not.

Any input on Coleman would be great. And was I comparing apples to apples or would the C 781 be more in line with the Jacuzzi 200 series rather than the 300?  

Hot Tub Forum

Information on Hot tubs around 7500 dollars
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Information on Hot tubs around 7500 dollars
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:06:38 pm »
Hmmm, sounds like you must be referring to Jacuzzi Jim!!

I can't tell you much about Coleman, or a 365, but here in PA Steeler country, we were given a rock bottom price of 10.5 k on the 470 with stereo/lights/outside lights/ozonator/cover/steps/lift/chems.  Hell of a deal.  We are going to wet test an Arctic Tundra before we decide--sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.  

Wet test and don't be hasty, but sounds like you have all top notch tubs lined up for looking and wet testing!!!

I am sure some o' them nice spa dealers in East Texas will be glad to show you a HotSPring!

Good luck.  I am sure JJ and the other happy spa owners will share their experiences.  Happy Spa Shopping!!

PS for all out there--speaking of happy Jacuzzi owners--where has Spatini been??
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

starsky

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 10:09:34 pm »
Thats whats kinda bothering me. 10.5 for the J480 with all the bells and whistles.. and Im 800 off that for a j375 without stereo. hmmm

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »
Starsky, welcome to the forum.

From what I've seen around here lately and from my last visit to my own dealer here in the STL, the 345 and 355 are probably in your $7500 price range. The 365 and 375 are probably $500-$1000 more. My dealer has a $500-$600 price difference between all their 300 series(atleast thats what it was when I bought mine.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:44:04 pm by WHY_NOT »

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 11:56:16 pm »
I know the Austin market very, very well.  I have covered the market in the pool/spa market for over 20 years.  

The ONLY two dealers in that market I would trust are the Hot Spring and Jacuzzi dealers.  There are decent brands in town, but the dealers have a lot to be desired.  

The Hot Spring dealer has a long history in the Austin market.  I think they've been in the same location for over ten years.  The Jacuzzi dealer has been around for about two years.  He used to be the Sundance rep in Texas.  He then opened the Jacuzzi dealership with Hines Pool Service - a very reputable and stable company.

Stay with those dealers and you will have a good spa and a good dealer.

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

starsky

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 01:07:07 am »
I actually recognized the Jacuzzi guy from when I would buy stuff for my Sundance Spa. So your right about him being around. I'll check out hotsprings next. Ironically, I shopped Hot Springs back in 97 and I recall all they had was air bubbles. The dealer was telling me hot springs was better because the unique air bubbles that Hot Springs had was way more theraputic then all the jets other spas had. Now they have jets.... I guess they gotta build what people buy.  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 10:12:07 am »
You must have misunderstood.  Hot Spring has [glow]never[/glow] had air bubbles.  What set them apart practically from day 1 was moto massage and energy efficiency.  

Anyway, what matters is what is out there today.

Good luck with your search.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

starsky

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 02:15:26 pm »
Your probably right. It was around 97-98. I remember looking at a model in the same store they have now and compared to the other manufacturers it seemed Hot Springs didn't have many jets (not that a large number of jets are always better) Maybe I got the whirlpool effect confused with air bubbles. Anyhoo I will go by Monday and see what they have. What should I be expecting to look at in the 7500 dollar range with a lounger?    

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 02:21:31 pm »
 Welcome to the forum!!   I think the guy mis quoted you on the J-375 or he was talking about the J-355 as said before.  We sell the J-375 for 9000 as low as 8700 depending if its a floor model.  Since it's rebirth this year it has been very popular, I am not a huge lounge guy, but it fits me pretty dang good.   My favorite is the J-365 or J-470

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 02:39:05 pm »
Your probably right. It was around 97-98. I remember looking at a model in the same store they have now and compared to the other manufacturers it seemed Hot Springs didn't have many jets (not that a large number of jets are always better) Maybe I got the whirlpool effect confused with air bubbles. Anyhoo I will go by Monday and see what they have. What should I be expecting to look at in the 7500 dollar range with a lounger?    
All depends on the dealer.

If it were us:
Tiger River Bengal
Hot Spring Classic Sovereign
Limelight Flair
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

starsky

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 04:19:05 pm »
Jim, thats what I thought..So I emailed him back and asked if he hadn't mistakenly quoted me the 375 with stereo. He confirmed he hadn't. I guess in Austin the overhead is a bear, or he is selling enough as it is.  

starsky

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 08:08:31 pm »
Jim, what would I be giving up going to the 200 series verses the 300 ?

starsky

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 07:11:11 pm »
The Dimension 1 Aurora  and the Limelight Flair (Hot Springs) is in the 8K range with delivery, steps, chems, ozonator,  cover/lifter. I have wet tested the Coleman  and Jacuzzi 375. Loved the 375 but this dealer has it way out of range. My plan is to visit the Artesian dealer to see what they have and re-visit Jacuzzi and see something in the 200 series this weekend.

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 08:52:37 pm »
The Dimension 1 Aurora  and the Limelight Flair (Hot Springs) is in the 8K range with delivery, steps, chems, ozonator,  cover/lifter. I have wet tested the Coleman  and Jacuzzi 375. Loved the 375 but this dealer has it way out of range. My plan is to visit the Artesian dealer to see what they have and re-visit Jacuzzi and see something in the 200 series this weekend.

Someone is selling a D1 aurora for 8k? Thats  low!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:54:16 pm by coloradocrusader »

starsky

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:51:28 pm »
Thats what he said..I have no idea. I went by as its in the area I work. I happen to be in uniform at the time, and he seemed to be pro-police as in he has a friend who is an officer etc etc. He said he has only sold one at this price and it was during the home show. I don't know what to compare his price to as I just started looking at Dimension. It's good to know he wasnt pulling my leg. That included stainless jet upgrade.  The only thing is he said he has another model available for wet test, not this model. The other has no lounger but I'm "supposed to get the idea of the jets and seating". Following the advice I read in here, I've pretty much decided I need to wet test before I buy.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:51:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42