What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: small move  (Read 2741 times)

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
small move
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:40:46 pm »
We have to put our hot tub on end and move about 8 ft to get it in it's final location.  The top of our porch is only 4 inches higher than the tub on end.   Can't go in flat.  So what's the best way to get it there?  On concrete.  We can't use most of the dollies since they are 4-5 inches.  Could we use a tarp of some type and have 4-5 guys pull it?  If so what type, plastic, canvas?  How about those sliders?  They worked okay when it was flat, but not sure about up on end.  There is one slided set that is 5 inches wide, 48 inches long with holes to add rope to help pull.  PVC pipe?  If so what's the smallest size we can use considering it's 700 lbs?

Appreciate any help.

Hot Tub Forum

small move
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:40:46 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: small move
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 12:49:53 pm »
The people who deliver my spa used a thick padded quilt to put the tub on it's side.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

gtp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:59:12 pm »
That was my first thought.  Looking for the easy and SAFE way.  Nothing but old guys in 40s-50s.  Hope to get some young nephews to help steady it.  Other concern is actually putting it up end then bringing it down from on end without dropping it or crushing anyones fingers

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 01:31:37 pm »
We have put masonite down 1st.  Then moving blanket.  Masonite makes it easier to slide.

Another tip is using pvc pipe as rollers.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

SpaMan_is_Back

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 03:43:49 pm »
use 1" pvc lift the spa edge slide the pvc in and roll it, add a second piece of pvc when you get to the end of the first. Good luck ;)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:35:20 pm »
One of those truck bed lines, the kind you just set in the bed works GREAT if you cut the floor pieces into long strips about 8 inches wide. Downfall, you must have an old liner available to cut up! We lucked out, now take the pieces to all tub delivers. Easier than a balnket, and more "hillbilly style" ;D

PVC works well too if you get a high quality that does not crush.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:36:02 pm by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 12:35:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42